cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Black screen with sound.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can any Samsung moderator respond to this issue. I’m in Britain and I have a 49 inch Samsung KS7000. I have a PS4 Pro connected via HDMI to the one connect box. I have the latest software update on the PS4 and the latest software update on the KS7000 (update version 1208). I have had occasional random black screen dropouts. This being a loss of audio and video for a few seconds. For example, when playing Gran Turismo Sport with HDR activated I have played for a few hours and experienced no issues, and other times I’ve had the random black screen happen 2 or 3 times within 1 hour of playing. I don’t know if this is a problem with PS4 Pro hardware or software updates, or a problem with Samsung hardware or software updates. Can a Samsung moderator confirm if Samsung are aware of this issue and working on a fix via a software update as Samsung never give specific details in the software update notes as to what problems the software update has addressed and fixed 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try to decrease your output resolution.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my honest opinion, some ( most ) people need a wake up call. It really pays off to be a realist and also think about some things twice, before you go shouting at Samsung on forums. Let's be honest, you want somebody to care about your problem just as much as you do. That will NEVER happen, with any company in this world, especially with the one of the biggest if not the biggest. You mean nothing to them, aside from the general "reset your tv, update your software" stuff you're on your own. What will help you solve your problem 99% of the time is you putting in the time and patience to search the internet for topics where people are complaining about similiar problems and reading them witht he outmost attention. Luckily, after some time, you will narrow it down to a bunchs of solutions and one will solve your problem. I am speaking to everyone with this, not one guy in particular. 

Now, returning to the subject. I had the problem on a brand new TV, Samsung UE55MU6202. Decided to make it a "trial by error" kind of solution. Got lucky, as it only took a few steps until I found what the problem was. What I did was I first checked to see if the problem occurs on all sources not just on HDMI ( I mainly use my TV via HDMI with my desktop plugged in ). Realized the problem didn't occur while watching movies from one of my USB sticks. Realizez the problem didn't occur while watching all kind of stuff via the TV's internet connection. Figured it's either one or more of the HDMI ports of the TV, the HDMI cable or the graphics card on my desktop. Switched the HDMI cable on all HDMI ports, the problem occured. Not only that it occured but lately I was getting strange green pixels bleeping, some faster than others, looking at the overall image it looked as if they were... well, "dancing", like a bunch of fireflies. Finally decided to change my HDMI cable with the one that came with the TV, I was using one I already had hooked to my previous TV. It's been a week now, used my TV more than 12 hours a day, no more problems. Also I am happy AF, as the HDMI cable was the easiest thing to replace, if the TV was faulty or even my graphics card ( I have an RX 580 ) I would've been so stressed out right now. What was curious to me was that I never had a single problem what I now call a faulty HDMI cable, on my previous TV. Also I thinks the version was 1.4 so I don't quite get why it misbehaved like that when plugged to my new Samsung TV. The one that comes with the TV is undoubtly 2.0, so it might be that you'll need a 2.0 HDMI cable, don't know. So my advice is to use the HDMI provided with your new TV or if you already used that, buy another one. Hope this helps out some people, take care now. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nfayad81
Nfayad81 ASTEROID
Options
‎05-31-2017 10:31 PM
Re: Black screen with sound. [ New ]
@arestavo
What you're describing is unrelated to what we are facing. It is no way static electricity that causes the problem in our case.

Anyway, @SamsungJam you could please forward the following scenario to your tech team as in my case it guarantees crazy flickering on the PS4 Pro:

1- Turn on the PS4 Pro
2- Open the Netflix app, start watching a movie (FHD or 4K, doesn't really matter)
3- Exit the app and start a Ps4 Pro HDR game, in my case Mass Effect Andromeda. As soon as the HDR notification appears, the screen starts turning black , flickering like crazy. The only way to stop this is to turn off UHD HDMI color, wait a bit, then turn it back on. Or switch sources.

This is the 3rd scenario I share here... I can't believe we still didn't get a single feedback from Samsung regarding this. Is it so hard to replicate this issue?

I tried this and it is going on the 2nd day that our tv hasn't had a black screen.  

It was getting so bad with the black screen popping up.  i tried a few things before I did this. Some things seemed to work for a short time but then it would start happening again.

so fingers crossed this will continue to work.

before I shut my tv off I put it on hdmi 2 which is my blue ray player. Then I shut my tv off and shut my direct tv box off. When I turn the tv on it still shows my blue ray player. I then turn on my direct tv box, then tv automatically switches to hdmi 1(which is direct tv). So far so good!!

thanks Nfayad81 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE - it has been about a week now and this still seems to be working.  There was one time my husband didn't shut it down this way (switching to the blue ray hdmi before turning off our direct tv) and the black flashing screen came back.  I then switched from direct tv to our blue ray player and shut the direct tv box and tv off.  Then turned the tv on (it was showing blue ray player) then turned on our direct tv box.  The tv switched automatically to the direct tv hdmi and I didn't have the blinking black screen anymore.  So far this is the longest we have gone without that annoying blinking black screen!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Nfayad81

I tried this and it is going on the 2nd day that our tv hasn't had a black screen.  

It was getting so bad with the black screen popping up.  i tried a few things before I did this. Some things seemed to work for a short time but then it would start happening again.

so fingers crossed this will continue to work.

before I shut my tv off I put it on hdmi 2 which is my blue ray player. Then I shut my tv off and shut my direct tv box off. When I turn the tv on it still shows my blue ray player. I then turn on my direct tv box, then tv automatically switches to hdmi 1(which is direct tv). So far so good!!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 55" KS8000 started doing the periodic black screen + no audio every few minutes after shutting down my Xbox One (HDMI 2) this morning and switching to the cable STB (HDMI 1).

Tonight while turning on the cable STB I noted an odd resolution display in upper right corner but didn't record it right away so I don't recall it exactly (4xxx x 2xxx 24bit?). I went into the cable STB (Cisco CAV10242HD) Settings - Appearance - TV Type and changed from Auto to UltraHD TV. The periodic black screen & audio loss has stopped since doing that. The screen resolution displayed in upper right corner when HDMI 1 is selected is UHD 3840x2160 / 60P HDMI UHD Color.

I think that the periodic black screen and audio loss may be the result of the TV not syncing properly to the cable STB source. The Cisco STB may also not be properly communicating with the TV which results in the unusual resolution instead of the expected UHD one.

FYI, My TV still has the factory original 1122 firmware in it because I don't want ads on the menu overlay.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having a similar problem with my UE55MU6400U. It only happens with my PS4 PRO. The screen and audio will cut out intermittently wether im gaming or streaming netflix/watching youtube. It'll last maximum for 4-5 seconds. I hadnt had this problem since changing to this model TV.

It doesnt happen with my sky box

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables, I've reset the TV back to the factory settings, and yet the problem persists. 

Just wondering if anyone has found a fix or if anyone has had the same problem with the PS4 PRO specifically.

Astronaut

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN60FH6003FXZA is the model # SN is [REDACTED], spike with Samsung and gave me a number to call for repair facility, no trouble shooting at all. not happy, I love Samsung..if you have any suggestions please contact me thanks so much -Jack

Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a new UN65HU8550, paid $4000 for it and had the TV replaced twice and repaired twice under warranty for these HDMI issues. Sadly, my TV is out of warranty and the problem continues. I will shortly be taking the bite and replacing it but NOT with another Samsung. It will be a Sony or other brand but never another Samsung.

For the cost, it's too risky to put my trust in Samsung again.

Eric