cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djred24
Asteroid

Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015.  After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture.  I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016.  They fixed the problem, now it is 

happening again.  I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem.  They already replaced the main panel when they came out.  I want a new TV and am having a hard time with customer service.  I have asked for a manager to return my call but no one has.  I would like to have this problem resolved asap.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userxLznUMXxpb
Asteroid

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, me again!

After a solid night of testing of my ps4 pro with a brand new a HDMI 2.1 compliant cable with 48 Gbps speed (1 metre in length), I haven't gotten a single black screen! I'm very happy with the result.

I will keep testing over the next week to see if it does happen again, but I genuinely think this is the solution.

So, if there is anybody out there with a Samsung tv and experiencing black screen and audio dropouts periodically with their HDMI devices (especially video game consoles that use HDR like a PS4 Pro or Xbox one), purchase a HDMI 2.1 compliant cable with 48 Gbps speed (at 1 metre length to be safe, but you probably could go up to 2 metres), and see if that helps. At the very least it should reduce the frequency of dropouts, but I haven't had one yet, whereas previously I'd get one every session!

Any moderators that see this, it may be better for you to mark this answer as the solution, as it may help a lot of people out.

Thanks everyone! Have a great weekend.

905 REPLIES 905
dharper003
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my 4k tv is doing the same thing...I called this evening and the agent had me do a factory reset, and he told me in 24 hours a new software update (1150.3) would be initiated.  Waiting to see if this problem is truly solved...again, the screen goes black for 3 to 4 seconds and the picture returns as before.

djred24
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv screen turns black periodically while I'm watching and stays that way until I turn it off and turn it on again.  They should replace the tv since it is new (3 months) and I have already had it repaired once.  They told me the repairman has to come out again and determine if it is defective.  It is obviously defective because it's new and had to be repaired once already and it went out again.  I will never purchase another Samsung anything.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,
I am really sorry to hear you're having issues with your TVs. Can you please send me the model number of these devices and please let me know if you have this issue on all sources? With this information I should be able to look into this of you. 
Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dharper003
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

for the moderator:  model number is UN55JU7100FXZA...4k UHD TV

dharper003
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

for moderator:  and yes...the screen blacks out across all sources

userxgvencrl5v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN60JS7000

Having same issue as discussed on this board.  

Tv's board was replaced in December 2016 and now here I am in July with no picture again.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHAQ6e5UYWt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't suppose Samsung has figured out the issue yet??  We put in a service request yesterday. 

UN65KS8000F purchased in April and have problems since day 1.    Problem doesn't happen when using xbox or Amazon prime App.  But, with comcast or a DVD player it's so bad.

Highlighted
userHAQ6e5UYWt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repair man came by yesterday and replaced the main board and some cable thing.  Seemed to do the trick.  It's working fine now.