cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number from when the television was reset?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Moved:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To prevent confusion, this post has been moved to a new location. Please go to provided link to continue working with this subject.

Lah2123
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't even get my tv to stay on to do this or to see if an update is available.  I have been having this issue or over a month.  There was an pad ate available so I updated the software and it seemed to work.  Now I am having the same issues again.

vumana23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got rid of mine through geek squad protection and upgraded to Sony 75 940D.. Far superior tv than anything Samsung has to offer with nooooo problems.. I've always bought Samsung tv's .. Never again!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to post all the trouble shooting that is available for this issue here. Please try all the following and if your is still having this issue, you will need to have your TV serviced. At the bottom of this message will be steps on how to set you're TV up for service. 

NOTE: Some troubleshooting may look a little different for your TV. 

First: test if you can pull up the TV menu. If you can pull up the menu, this issue is coming from your sources. 
Also, if you are able to pull up  your menu, I would suggest updating your TV's firmware. 

Next: Test this TV in another power outlet. Please make sure this device is connecting directly to the wall outlet. 

If you are still having this issue the final step is to have the device serviced. Samsung can refer an authorized service center to perform any needed repairs. If your TV is out of warranty, you will be responsible for the repair cost unfortunately. If your would like to set this service up, you can do it here. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  Once this service is set up the service center will reach out to you directly to verify any service dates and charges.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Tybh19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Drew,  

my firmware is the latest version.  I am able to pull up the source menu and smart hub although the picture behind still remains black so the tv doesn't completely shut off because the red light doesnt come on at the bottom like when the tv is off so it's not a power issue.  Is there another update coming soon or is this because of the little Samsung hdmi controller box?

alienman101
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't fall for this crap! NOTHING fixes it. I tried for 2 years. Updating software/firmware, resetting to factory settings, trying another power outlet, etc, etc,etc!!! Get another brand of TV! I got a Sony after trying to fix it FOR 2 YEARS!!!! The Sony has had no problems.

MaseratiMatt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having this issue with a brand new out of the box 55" curved 6250. 

Really starting to to regret the purchase. 

Ive tried all the above and still happening. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry, MaseratiMatt. Please confirm the TV’s complete mode code, found on the TV’s back panel. Thank you.

DaveB2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add another to the list having this problem with a UN65JU7100.  Bought the tv in 11/2016. Problem started a few weeks ago.  I thought it was the cable box,  but it happens with dvd's too.

How is this thread marked solved??? There's no solution other than buying a different brand.