Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I've experienced the intermittent black screen issues just like all of you.  I did so much troubleshooting that I'm almost not sure what worked and what didn't.  But one thing that I found that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the color depth from your source.  For me, that was an Xbox One X.  Samsung doesn't list the supported color depth for this TV on their site.  But I was able to find a third party site that listed it as 8-bit or 24 bits per pixel (they are the same thing).  Once I changed this setting, the black screens drastically reduced.  I still get them every once in a while if my xbox is sitting idle, almost like the power save mode is causing issues.  But I no longer get them during gameplay or media playback.  

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just bought a QN65Q7F last week and while it has a great picture, I experienced the black screen yesterday. I put on Hulu (build in tv app) and after watching it for about an hour, I ended up falling asleep. When I woke up, I can still hear sound coming from the tv but the screen is completely black. Using the remote, turning the volume up and down does display the volume graphics but turns back to black when the volume icon goes away. Backing out of the Hulu video does restore the picture but this is not something I want to deal with on a brand new TV. Samsung, what's going on with all these black screens? This is not an isolated incident and is this is not SOLVED by any means..
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't work for me, however, seems to be a consistent issue I would think they'd offer an inexpensive solution If I could afford service, I would buy a different brand tv

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM  One thing If I dont have the TV hooked up to my Sterio Receiver just directly to my Directv Box it works fine I have had the main board replaced on my 65" Curve TV and it still goes black I have hooked up other Tvs to the same Cable which is the Direct TV to my Reciver to The Tv and they worked fine so Im pretty sure after talking to Directv techs for hours and the TV prepair Guy that its in the Denon Reciever so directv has me sending in to them to have that checked out since it only goes black when The Denon is hooked up and im using the HDMI on the Denon output to the TV so it just seems to be the Denon Video output making the TV go black Only On a 4K tv because when I hooked up a Visio 32" HD tv and a DELL Plazma Tv to the reciever output to the tvs they work fine But the 4K samsung 65" CURVE goes black several times and hour Im sending my Denon reciver out to direcTV tomorrow hope it`s the problem otherwize I have no Idea if that don`t work I might start a class action Recall on samsung since this is a really big problem with these TVs I have spent countless hours and I mean Countless hours on trying to fix this problem on the phone for hours after hours for a few months now and all the new cables and hooking up and un hooking up and Tech guys coming over and replacing Main boards which basicly makes the tv new again and the problem started 1 1/2 years after I got it and I bought the TV and the reciver the same day so it makes no sense and replacing the cables which originally were Monster HDMI cables and bought the same ones because they are the best buy far is just getting stupid because there really expensive so SAMSUNG GET A SOULUTION for all of Us   PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model 40MU6290F

Had this TV for several months.  Purchased in Texas at big box store. Only hooked up to Uverse Box via HDMI.  Shows current firmware, 1210.

Several times in a night....screen goes black, then momentarily script - Samsung Smart TV,  then picture is restored to normal.

Need help before return it....

<HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 18 month old Samsung TV 620D's screen went black (with sound).  Called their help desk and they told me it was broken and to call someone else to service it.  There are multiple complaints of this issue online.  This will be the last Samsung product I or my business will buy if this is the type of product they are now selling and the tyoe of service they are giving.  Going to complain to Costco (purchased there) as well as Amazon to warn other people.  Good grief...just working for 18 months....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXm85pZGS7C wrote:

My 18 month old Samsung TV 620D's screen went black (with sound).  Called their help desk and they told me it was broken and to call someone else to service it.  There are multiple complaints of this issue online.  This will be the last Samsung product I or my business will buy if this is the type of product they are now selling and the tyoe of service they are giving.  Going to complain to Costco (purchased there) as well as Amazon to warn other people.  Good grief...just working for 18 months....

After 18 months, it's probably a different issue than most people are posting about.

The design flaw shows up either immediately out of the box or within a few days as you start using the HDMI ports regularly.

I noticed the problem with mine within a few days.  I tried various fix attempts people posted here for a few more days and then returned it and bought a replacement TV from a different brand.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

My TV, model UN65JU7100FXZA, failed numerous times in 2016.  See my previous posts in summer and fall of 2016.  After the 4th repair, the black screen problems were finally resolved, until now.

The TV is getting intermittent black screens again on any input.  If I press the menu button, the menu is visible on-screen.  So, it appears that either the main board and/or the OneConnect, or possibly the power supply are failing AGAIN!

Looking at the part numbers replaced in 2016, I see two different replacement main board part numbers, neither of which appear to be available now.  Is there a more recent main board available that is compatible with this TV?  If so, can you provide the part number and/or a list of main board part numbers compatible with this unit?  Also, is there a more recent OneConnect box that is compatible?

Given how many times this TV has been repaired, I would hope you'd provide these boards at no charge (to cover how much time I've spent dealing with this TV with multiple defects).  Yeah, right.

Thanks, dave

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right.....if they do it they will never tell anyone on this board.

Hope you can get a board somewhere to fix it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny how this is marked "SOLVED"....no way no how is this solved....