Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viryu
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How to make a factory reset on Samsung smart TVs?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Viryu, What's the model of your television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPm1Sn0HnVw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked like a charm for me.  

CandyKat
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

exactly what worked like a charm

userY7RV1lCJXV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screen goes black for several seconds, then the picture returns. This goes for several mintues to an hour. Learned Geek Support would seen soemone else to examine for $99, order the necessary part which possible is $80 and charge $100-$200 to return and put part in. TV cost only $500.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us the model and serial number of the television so that we could look into that?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userZachtdKRMb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even though I am not a US citizen, I really have to post here with my experience of this issue. I really hope Samsung get their stuff together to support us who have effectively received broken hardware and paid top dollar and been left in the dust. I have read and tried every suggestion in this threads 85 page history. 

I've been at a loss since March 2017 when I bought a UE49KS7000. I get intermittent blackouts on any HDMI source every few hours – the screen goes entirely black. They would only happen for 3-5 seconds, but since I'm an avid gamer this would mean life or death in a hectic scenario. It makes me really unhappy, especially if I’m getting blackouts watching a movie and having to rewind. Since April 2017 I have called Samsung over a dozen times, and been patient with their usual method of “let’s try a reset and wait another two weeks to see if it happens again”. Samsung replaced my circuit board in late 2017, but this didn’t help either. When we reached a dead end, Samsung just blamed my Xbox and told me to buy another one.

So for Christmas 2018 I bought a brand new Xbox One X, convinced in their explanation. I was horrified to find exactly the same issue!

I have tried every possible option in the options and system menus, dozens of system resets, HDMI cable changes, port changes, firmware updates on all systems… that I am at a complete loss. I even changed all my plugs, and mains adaptors. I have really tried everything and feel I completely lost my £800 I paid for it. I am really let down by Samsung on this and have to post here in the hope they listen. No other TV had issues with my Xbox and this only happens on my Samsung!

I am really begging Samsung UK to reach out to help me, a supporter of your hardware for many years. Literally all my gear is Samsung, including phone and laptops. But unless they give me a replacement or refund my money, I really can’t take a chance again knowing they have not supported me.

razal337
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is wierd! Our TV is doing exactly the same thing! Started yesterday. It seemed to have stopped some time after 10pm last night and then when turning back on tonite the same thing is happening again. Sounds to me like a software update gone bad! This pisses me off. Takes forever to get through to the  Best Buy Geek Squad. Come on Samsung....what did you guys do? 

userzsT52nz1CH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't about the black screen problem, I'm posting it here because over 100,000 people are having a similar problem and you should be aware of how Samsung deals with these issues...

Lots of people out there with similar problems.  My TV Model is HL61A7501F.  White dots after only 3464-hours of LED 'on time' is absurd.  I found it out with the TV's built in diagnostics by pressing mute-1-8-2-power  buttons on the remote in sequence. The  LED 'on time' you'll find under 'SERVICE - LED life'.  

I've also seen, on this thread, that the recall for these known faulty chips has stopped (end dated in 2015 apparently).  I don't understand that.  Did Honda/Toyota/Nissan have an end date for the defective airbag hardware that they insatlled in thousand of vehicles?  Saying that it's not a Samsung part rather a TI part is just more of the same avoidance of repairing known faulty parts.  My Samsung is in my basement and rarely watched compared to my other TV's in the house, 3464-hours of on time is less than 146-days, less than 6-months.  Electronic parts do not breakdown in that short of a timeframe, period!  UNLESS THEY'RE FAULTY!

Have a Sony 55" rear projection that's three times as old and has 10-times the 'on time' and it's still crystal clear.

Samsung sells crap and won't come clean on known faulty components.

Do yourself a favour and purchase anything else, avoid Samsung.

I won't buy another Samsung product ever again.