cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify, dose your screen go completely dark? It sounds like you may be having a different issue. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

BJwright
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drew - it goes completely dark for a second or two and then comes back on. This happens intermittently. Some days frequently and other days not at all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the screen only darken on one source or all? Smart Hub? 

DaveB2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, two issues.  The screen periodically goes completely black on all inputs.  Recently, the screen also started dimming itself on at least 2 inputs (cablebox and smarthub).

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BJwright- Can you confirm if you have the most update to date software? The version can be found under the menu in Support > Contact Samsung. Also, have you attempted a full factory reset since this began?

DaveB2- It seems your television will require service, I've gone ahead and sent you a private message concerning this. I look forward to hearing from you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
DaveB2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Service came out last week and replaced the main board.  It didn't fix the problem.  The TV went black again last night and again this morning.  I asked the tech why he didn't replace the power supply too.  He claimed the power supply wouldn't have these symptoms.

Samsung, how about actually diagnosing and fixing this problem???

Tybh19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think this has to do with the little black switch box for the hdmi ports etc

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using HDMI 2.0 cables?

Simbro
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem was in fact the HDMI cable. Changed it over and now works fine. Thanks for your help.

happyeyes88
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Simbro,

What type of HDMI cable were you using when yu experienced the problem?  What type of HDMI cable are you using now?  I am using the HDMI cable that came with my new XBOX One S with JS9000 and the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds periodically.  Thanks!