JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen periodically

(Topic created: 11-01-2018 05:46 PM)
djred24
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015.  After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture.  I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016.  They fixed the problem, now it is 

happening again.  I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem.  They already replaced the main panel when they came out.  I want a new TV and am having a hard time with customer service.  I have asked for a manager to return my call but no one has.  I would like to have this problem resolved asap.  

968 Replies
userQ4HPjhfQCX
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The model number to my TV is HTP5054XJXAA I can hear the sound but no picture. Screen went black while I was watching it.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userQ4HPjhfQCX   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPeBqaUeBCZ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I'm not sure why this thread is marked as solved, I haven't seen a solution after reading back the last 20 pages. 

I am working on a clients tv that was installed about a year ago. This tv was purchased a few months prior to the completion of the house, so it's out of warranty. 

My issues are are consistent with others in the thread, what are my options, as the only fix I've seen is to have the motherboard and other components replaced?

the tv is a un49mu8000f

0 Likes
Mydesign4u
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Exactly! That’s what the majority of us have said!!! I was one of the lucky ones that was able to have the television components completely replaced. It has worked fine ever since. However, that should be an automatic response from Samsung unless they do a recall. 

0 Likes
Mydesign4u
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Hello,
THIS IS WHAT I WROTE ON PAGE 73 and it is the ONLY fix for this problem!!!
Mine is still working perfectly!!!

An FYI for you-IMPORTANT!!!!

I sent a text to the Service Tech (Dan Hindman) this morning regarding your situation and everything you’ve done thus far. I actually copied all your messages from this site so he would have a full picture of what is going on. As you can see it’s Sunday, and his day off and he replied!
He stated that it’s imperative that both the main board and panel are replaced at the same time so they will work simultaneously as a new unit!!!!! So, be sure you show this to the repair facility when they come. Again, they cannot be put in at separate times according to Dan!!!
By the way, my television is still working perfectly with a beautiful picture and NO ISSUES!!!

0 Likes
userPeBqaUeBCZ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you got your set fixed. 

I have a feeling that we will have to tell this client that his tv will need to be replaced. It's a 49" and the cost of replacing it is probably cheaper than the cost of troubleshooting and ultimately, repairing this tv.  

0 Likes
userPeBqaUeBCZ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I called Samsung tech support and they told me the recent update (v1250) addresses this issue. I'm skeptical, but I'm running it anyway. 

0 Likes
Mydesign4u
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Well, you can try but, I’m thinking it will not eliminate the problem. However, if you find that it works on your clients TV please let the community know.
Good luck!!!
0 Likes
happyeyes88
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
0 Likes
usero3OSdMc0EE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've been having basically the same issue with my UN65JU650D.  Black Screen and Audio drop out lasting from 20 seconds to a minute.  They were occuring as often as every 2-3 minutes.  I initially thought it was coming from my Sony AV Receiver, but took it out of the system and connected my Apple TV 4K and Comcast PVR directly to the TV.  The problem persisted.  After making sure firmware was up to date (it was -- ver 1540.3) and factory reset x 2 and plugging directly to the mains and avoiding my UPS the problem persisted.  I filed a claim with my extended warranty provider.  They suggested turning off tv, unplugging for 30 seconds then pressing the power button on the TV itself for another 60 seconds while still unplugged and then turning back on.  That did reduce the frequency of the blackouts, but they were still happening every 10-15 minutes.  I then bit the bullet and bought a $30 Belkin Ultra High Speed HDMI cable (the one recommended by Apple). The problem went away.  I only bought one cable and was able to verify that whichever source had this cable worked fine, but the other source would have intermittent blackouts.  I had previously used 4 different brands of less expensive cables that claimed they were "Premium High Speed HDMI with Ethernet".  I've now ordered another Belkin Cable.  If that works on the 2nd source I'll try putting the AV Receiver back in the system with a 3rd Belkin cable to connect it to the TV.  

I have no idea if this will work for anyone else, or even how long it will work for me, but figured the information was worth sharing.

0 Likes