Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@trickinit wrote:

@user1xjGzYUqAF wrote:
Just a question to everyone. After much trouble shooting and reading every page of this string I wonder how many of you leave a USB drive in your one connect box? I posted a few weeks back that I turned of CEC on my onkyo and my tv and the problem seemed fixed. Well if not fixed it was rare. Today my USB would not play. I have a TV series on this USB downloaded by a friend. Well I turned off the tv and disconnected the one connect for 30 seconds and then turned everything back on. The USB worked again but the tv started blacking out at least once a minute for an hour. A few times it even went seconds apart. So I just pulled out the USB key and also pulled out my chrome cast which is also plugged into the USB one connect. What was blinking every minute for the last hour has now stopped completely (15 minutes since I unplugged them). I really hope this is it!!! I will keep an eye on this situation and will report back in a day or so. It's late and I am not staying up any more. But again, I'm curious how many of you have USB thumb drives in your one connect?

I've never used a USB flash drive with my TV, not for media nor for updates. But I do have an Onkyo receiver (TX-NR646) and I'm convinced that's it's a compatibility issue between it and my KS8000. I've been testing it for the past few weeks by bypassing my AVR and just using it just for audio via optical out from my TV. Since connecting it that way I haven't had a single black screen. 

I don't have a receiver. I am using a soundbar connected to the One Connect box by HDMI ARC.

The black screen mainly occur when switching from HDR content to non-HDR content. For instance, if I play an HDR game on my PS4 Pro, then switch to Netflix, I will be getting black screens in Netflix (the Smart Hub app, NOT the PS4 app). And vice-verca, if I am watching Netflix or Youtube, then switch to my PS4, chances are, the black screens will occur as early as in the PS4 home screen...

I also get the black screens on my Android media player at times, although less often that on my PS4.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are notating all of the issues in this thread in order the get a proper resolution.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam wrote:

We are notating all of the issues in this thread in order the get a proper resolution.  

Forgive me for being somewhat skeptical, but what exactly does that mean? I'm happy to see a response from Samsung, but this thread is almost a year old now. It's hard to believe that anything is actually being done.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started this topic over a year ago and nothing has been done.  Samsung has sent several repairmen out and they still refuse to replace it.  You would think with all of these post about the same problem they would realize there is something wrong with their tv's. I wrote a letter to the CEO and never got a response, customer service is also useless. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our problem is similar but it seems to be an initiation of the screensaver. We have had the TV for 6 weeks and use it daily. It has streamed from an app, played live, but mostly gets used for playback of pre-recorded DVR material. About a week ago the screen would go black and the Samsung logo screensaver would pop up while the audio would continue.

This problem will happen at different times -- sometimes we'll be watching for 5 minutes, and sometimes more than an hour before it happens. This problem is not related to the DVR, as we have a second older (non-Samsung) TV that is also in use and has not shown this same issue.

We've found that we can simply hit the Samsung button on the remote and the images will reappear but this is obviously a major problem to be occurring so quickly with a new purchase. Why is this happening and how can it be resolved?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userSXO9QZFRHr, What model television do you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
UN75JU6500FXZA
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased two 40" 4K TVs (model UN40KU6290FXZA) from Best Buy around Black Friday 2016. I use them as dual monitors on my computer. I noticed immediately after buying them that one of them would go black periodically for 1-2 seconds and then come back on. It didn't happen often so I didn't worry too much about it (initially it would go black once every 8-24 hrs). Lately, it has gotten worse to where it will go black at least 2-3 times/hr. I originally thought the problem was with the video card, but after doing some troubleshooting, I've determined that it is the TV. I should note that the other TV has worked perfectly with no problems. Please tell me what I need to do to get this fixed. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the TV screen goes black repeatedly and you have updated the software, tried other connection cables, have tried to reset the TV, and it's still happening; service would be recommended. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you userSXO9QZFRHr, We are notating all of the issues and we are looking into the issue and a resolution.