Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userYaptiC0bFm
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same freaking issues here in DK. it mostly happens when i play stuff on the pc. 4k materials makes it go crazy. and happend after i had display repaired. and after the garanty ran out. seems fishy to me that so many have the same problem.

userxLznUMXxpb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

Same issue here. Samsung 4k tv with hdr. Experience these issues only with my ps4 pro (not Nintendo Switch) because I use HDR. In short, everytime I turn the tv on and then the ps4, it takes 5 to 10 minutes or so and the screen will go black for upwards of 5 seconds, maybe more, and then goes away. Never happens again for that session.

Today I tried a brand new HDMI cable, which is HDMI 2.0 b compliant and with Bandwidth of 18GB/S. While it didn't get rid of the issue entirely, during my tests it definitely happened less often. Sometimes when I played, it never happened at all (and I kept turning off and on to test). My guess is that this faster HDMI cable helps the issue.

SO, what I've done is buy a HDMI 2.1 compliant cable with 48 Gbps speed. Additionally, this cable is only 1 metre long (half the length of the other cable I bought). If my guess is correct, then this new cable I get with triple the speed and half the length, these handshaking black screen issues won't happen at all or even less frequently.

I'll report back soon. Wish me luck!

userxLznUMXxpb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, me again!

After a solid night of testing of my ps4 pro with a brand new a HDMI 2.1 compliant cable with 48 Gbps speed (1 metre in length), I haven't gotten a single black screen! I'm very happy with the result.

I will keep testing over the next week to see if it does happen again, but I genuinely think this is the solution.

So, if there is anybody out there with a Samsung tv and experiencing black screen and audio dropouts periodically with their HDMI devices (especially video game consoles that use HDR like a PS4 Pro or Xbox one), purchase a HDMI 2.1 compliant cable with 48 Gbps speed (at 1 metre length to be safe, but you probably could go up to 2 metres), and see if that helps. At the very least it should reduce the frequency of dropouts, but I haven't had one yet, whereas previously I'd get one every session!

Any moderators that see this, it may be better for you to mark this answer as the solution, as it may help a lot of people out.

Thanks everyone! Have a great weekend.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank for the input. We are happy to hear that this is working for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will need a technician to check out the television. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxLznUMXxpb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me again. Unfortunately, even with the brand new cable I got, it happened again. It's less frequent but definitely happened again.

This is really on you now Samsung. If 8k HDMI cables can't resolve the issue completely then there must be a fault somewhere, whether it's the TV's or the onebox. Repairs won't help based on the replies to this thread.

Please escalate this issue @SamsungLou 

useraHFGal2Zto
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi folks, my setup have a Samsung MU6100 TV, a PS4 Pro, a Chromecast Ultra and a Home Teather with 4K HDR Passtrougth.

My PS4 connect to HT, the HT connect to TV. The Chromecast is direct connected to TV.

The blackscreen problem ocurs every time i play in 4K HDR.

After many tests, the solution was power down my Chromecast Ultra every time before i was play games in 4K HDR. After turnoff Chromecast Ultra, the blackscreen no occured even once. I doing that for months and have the same consistent behaviour, no blackscreens at all.