Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi  

I started this discussion on 4/4/16 and have had my tv serviced several times. The problem started after I had the tv  
five months. I've had several technicians come out, fix the problem, only to have it happen again. They refuse to
replace it until a technician determines that it can no longer be fixed. 

You would think Samsung would realize that there is a major defect in their televisions. Over three hundred people have 
replied to this discussion with the same problem.  We can't all be wrong. 

I will never purchase another Samsung product and I encourage others to do the same. Their polices are horrible and 
products substandard (ie: phones catching on fire)

Samsung, you need to look into this problem and do a recall and replace all of these units. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Setup:

Samsung UN65KS8000  connected to a Denon S920W,

source: LG UP970 4K blu-Ray player connected to the Denon S920W. 

I started getting the periodic black screen while playing a standard DVD (not BluRay, not 4K BluRay).  It worked fine for BluRay and 4K BluRay.  This used to work.  I had changed the Blu-Ray player's display output setting from "auto" to 2160p.  When I changed the display output back to "auto", the black screen problem no longer happened.

I suspect in some cases, the source isn't sending data fast enough or the HDMI cable doesn't support the higher data rate required.  I have not upgraded my HDMI cables to the latest 2.0 standard.  This could also happen with a USB source.  Some USB memory sticks have fairly slow memory in them. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 65 inch UN65KU6500FXZA, and I'm having the same issues with a tv that's 6 months old! I've tried everything Best Buy geek squad told me and still no resolution. I am getting the black screen every 40 seconds or so intermittently.

Ive tried the following:

-Checked to see if has latest update and it is

- Reset the tv to factory settings

- Reset Smart Hub

- Changed hdmi cables

- Changed the tv port to hdmi2 

- Plugged directly to the wall and tried another with same results. 

- Turned off the extra feature

This is ridiculous this is very annoying and I spent a lot to get an issue of that kind

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're happy to hear this Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the done the following for my KS850D:

- Upgraded TV and Roku to latest firmware

- Reset the TV to factory settings

- Reset Smart Hub

- Tried multiple HDMI 2.0a cables

- Tried different ports on the hub 

- Plugged directly into the wall etc. 

And still having the blackout issue... UNTIL! I turned off "UHD Color Mode" and changed my Roku Ultra from UHD HDR to just UHD, going on 4+ days now with no issue... But I'm also gimping the quality of my picture/TV which is highly unacceptable!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forget it people. I owned at least 5 different Samsung tvs over the years. They ALL do it. Am on my friends boat and theirs just did it so I typed in  Samsung black screen tv and this came up. It is a Samsung thing and it does it just enough to drive you crazy when it does. A touch from any button will knock it off, but still a pain. My idea is to switch back to Sony or LG.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 4k Samsung Smart TV was doing the exact same thing.  I turned off the HDR+ and the periodic black screen stopped.  I recently saw the TV automatically update and was hoping the issue had been resolved, so I turned the HDR+ back on again, but the black screen blinks are still happening...  Oh well, hopefully they'll get this issue figured out.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv did the same thing tonight. 3 years old samsung 32" smart tv. Black screen with audio. Told that warranty is passed and was given the name of a repair shop and no other assistance. Needless to say I am not happy with the product or service. Definitely my last Samsung tv

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MY 55" Samsung just went black yesturday and never came back. Going to get a different brand

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
UN65JS9500, started getting the black screen about 9 months ago. I'm sure like most I didn't think much of it at first. Now it it is happening almost every time I use the TV. I remember getting a really good deal on it, like $1700 shipped or something in 2017. Now I know why. Samsung must have been blowing these things out knowing they had a defect. I have been a loyal Samsung customer since 1983, and I can't remember ever having an issue with one of their devices that was of any consequence. Now they shaft all these people on a $2k TV???? Wow is all I have to say on that one, and they just lost a customer for life. Why are so many people worthless these days?