JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen periodically

(Topic created on: 4/4/16 3:43 PM)
djred24
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015.  After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture.  I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016.  They fixed the problem, now it is 

happening again.  I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem.  They already replaced the main panel when they came out.  I want a new TV and am having a hard time with customer service.  I have asked for a manager to return my call but no one has.  I would like to have this problem resolved asap.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
968 Replies
userH8OVpDxNr9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I'm having a similar issue. Screen starts fuzzy with vertical lines where I can function then, turns washed out green with black swirrels no function, turns itself off. Hope Samsung can have a look.
0 Likes
userNHbrkpvOjk
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I have been struggling with the same issue for 6 months now. I don't want to pay to get it "serviced" if this is a product defect. The TV is still new and shouldn't be having problems like this.
0 Likes
userUnsutzLGAl
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the exact same tv with the exact same problem. It is 13 months old, just out of warranty. How convenient. I will also never buy anything Samsung again.

useraz2qp07N8a
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My 6 month old KS800D (Costco version of KS8000) just started doing this in the last week.  Three times in 3 hours last night on 2 different inputs. Screen goes black for a second or so (and audio continues) then everything is fine until the next time.

Will try some of the "solutions" here to see if it fixes the problem.

0 Likes
Neil
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Why do yo have to research this - just google the issue - seems like Samsung TVs have had this issue for years?

Tech support walked me through resetting all my options last night which fixed the issue.

Hopefully this is a permanent fix - I do no want to have to do a factory reset evert time I want to watch TV.

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

dharper003, please view private messages. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Hookie
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Having similar problem with a UN55HU6950FXZA, started yesterday evening continued for about 45 mins then stopped. TV off from last night until 5pm est today now doing it again. Screen goes black for about 1 sec smart tv symbol comes on in center or screen for about 1 second then black for 1 second then picture and sound comes back.

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi Hookie,

Have you tried factory resetting your TV? You can do this by going to  Menu>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset and enter in 0000 for the pin; to reset your TV. Please let us know if this works. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

razal337
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Don't you think it odd that multiple people are suddenly having the same issue? When you factory reset does all the setup that was done when the TV was installed go away?

dharper003
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

As I understand it, all settings return to factory defaults once reset...all calibration prior to the reset is deleted.... I had resets done twice and still have this black screen issue...so I'm now waiting on a service call.

0 Likes