JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen periodically

(Topic created on: 4/4/16 3:43 PM)
djred24
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015.  After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture.  I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016.  They fixed the problem, now it is 

happening again.  I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem.  They already replaced the main panel when they came out.  I want a new TV and am having a hard time with customer service.  I have asked for a manager to return my call but no one has.  I would like to have this problem resolved asap.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
968 Replies
user5McL1eigHy
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I can't do a reset because I can't get the menu to pull up on my screen

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello user5McL1eigHy, have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and then trying again? 

0 Likes
userCep2NxV8Zq
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have personally tried 10 min and 3 days.  Sound but no picture.  Seems to be a very consistant issue with 2015 and 2016 units from Samsung and no info on corrections or repairs for me yet.

0 Likes
userEbOaGSGtx5
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

IF you are were watching Netflix and turned it off and now its got a blank screen with sound.  Push the back button or return on the remote. This fixed mine. 

0 Likes
userEbOaGSGtx5
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

IF you are were watching Netflix and turned it off and now its got a blank screen with sound.  Push the back button or return on the remote. This fixed mine. 

0 Likes
Userjenh75
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a Samsung TV with the same issue that started with the flashing and now only get a picture for a few minutes after the tv is powered on then goes black but still get audio. 

My model for my tv is T400HW03. I do not have a smart tv. 

I have tried multiple hdmi ports, and multiple electrical outlets and get the same results. 

If there is another way to update the firmware moderator, please let me know. I need to get this tv fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
userLfyx2ukui1
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The reset to factory settings made it worse. The screen goes balck more often

0 Likes
CapSix
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Okay, it’s happening to me too. I have a ps4 pro and I know from another board tons of people with this console and Samsung TVs are having the same issue, across all sources, with many different model numbers. 

My my brother has the same TV (and a ps4 pro, too) and has the same problem. We have the MU7000 49-inch and are at our wits end over this. 

The oddest part of all is that many models are having this same issue AND according to these forums this has been going on for years. It’s weird that Samsung is still putting out TVs with this problem. It indicates that even Samsung is baffled. 

Our TVs are brand new and have done this since the beginning. 

I am am going to try the eco settings (I don’t know about the “extras” menu because I don’t have that button. I’ll report back. 

0 Likes
user3BbTbb62JU
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a Samsung LC-50LE442U V2.05 Says Release date 2013.  It started the black screen with audio about 6 months ago how do you do fix it?

0 Likes
user3BbTbb62JU
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

After seeing all these mesages, I went and bought a 60" Vizio.  I am done with Samsung.  This is the 2nd tv I have power and going off issues.  The 50" has gotten so bad it can't stay on for 2 minutes without going to black screen.

0 Likes