cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruPqMljOJYl
Asteroid

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION
42 pages later, and no definitive fix. People who've done every possible fix and still the black screen issue is there, including with my own set (UN65JS8500). Done with Samsung TVs.
userG0D3WYkqw2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sad thing is it was a good tv. But i fixed my issue by luckily returning both samsungs i tried and replacing with a sony within 15 day period of buying. Thanks to the internet for the help

userVI2KbXmdi9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung UN46ES6100FXZA just went black and has only sound. Samsung used remote manager to see why I was having problems using all my smart apps. They updated the apps  and did a couple software updates. I left for vacation the next day, got back today to watch everything on the DVR and while doing so it went black.  Tried everything that's been suggested.  It's out of warranty so I'm not taking it in so they can rob me blind.

What I'd like to know is how is that this community goes back to Apr 2016 with this problem and when searching the issue CNET reports it all the way back in 2009...why hasn't Samsung provided a solution or sent a recall???  I will be reporting them Better Business Bureau!!! 

useru12ZER9V5a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe some of the TV sets don't have the issue or the owners don't notice because all they watch are smart TV apps like Netflix/HULU etc. and OTA antenna TV and never use the HDMI ports.

If you never use HDMI (or maybe if you only use 1 HDMI port), you will be oblivious to the issue.

userWlYELhGzw1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not in my case, it blacks out on Netflix app and on OTA antenna but works fine on my USB stick and on the HBO go app, so now it seems like my TV is being very selective on what it chooses to display! No pun intended 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userWlYELhGzw1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes indeed I have the same problem, it blacks out on Netflix and broadcast but I can still access the menu and switch to HBO go app and works just fine and also the my USB plays flawlessly as well!! So what's the problem, it doesnt seem like a physical issue because HBO go and USB works but not antenna or Netflix, and only fixed when I turn off then on again.

userEHusR8u6dc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Screen is Black but closed caption showing. No Sound. Model: LN46A540P2FXZA , serial no: [REDACTED], version  SS02 

userWfI7xTvgsl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same exact issue. Tv blacks out every 2 min till I power off power on. I've tried everything should I even bring to repair tech and waste the time and money or no?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWfI7xTvgsl: Send us a private message with the model and serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.