cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH8OVpDxNr9
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having a similar issue. Screen starts fuzzy with vertical lines where I can function then, turns washed out green with black swirrels no function, turns itself off. Hope Samsung can have a look.
userNHbrkpvOjk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have been struggling with the same issue for 6 months now. I don't want to pay to get it "serviced" if this is a product defect. The TV is still new and shouldn't be having problems like this.
userUnsutzLGAl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same tv with the exact same problem. It is 13 months old, just out of warranty. How convenient. I will also never buy anything Samsung again.

useraz2qp07N8a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 6 month old KS800D (Costco version of KS8000) just started doing this in the last week.  Three times in 3 hours last night on 2 different inputs. Screen goes black for a second or so (and audio continues) then everything is fine until the next time.

Will try some of the "solutions" here to see if it fixes the problem.

Neil
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do yo have to research this - just google the issue - seems like Samsung TVs have had this issue for years?

Tech support walked me through resetting all my options last night which fixed the issue.

Hopefully this is a permanent fix - I do no want to have to do a factory reset evert time I want to watch TV.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

dharper003, please view private messages. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Hookie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having similar problem with a UN55HU6950FXZA, started yesterday evening continued for about 45 mins then stopped. TV off from last night until 5pm est today now doing it again. Screen goes black for about 1 sec smart tv symbol comes on in center or screen for about 1 second then black for 1 second then picture and sound comes back.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Hookie,

Have you tried factory resetting your TV? You can do this by going to  Menu>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset and enter in 0000 for the pin; to reset your TV. Please let us know if this works. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

razal337
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't you think it odd that multiple people are suddenly having the same issue? When you factory reset does all the setup that was done when the TV was installed go away?

dharper003
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As I understand it, all settings return to factory defaults once reset...all calibration prior to the reset is deleted.... I had resets done twice and still have this black screen issue...so I'm now waiting on a service call.