cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't notice this issue when  first got the tv home, but when I started having the issue a few days later, I did a Google search for the symptoms and found this thread.

I have already returned my problematic TV so that I wouldn't miss the store's return policy deadline.

Maybe if Samsung fixes this, I'll consider getting another Samsung tv in the future or else I'll wait for another brand to make a smaller 4K set.

I really wanted a 32-36" 4K tv that could do double-duty as a PC monitor and found 40" still a bit awkwadly large, so I didn't hesitate to return it once the problems started cropping up.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. No video for a second but still get sounds. Happens on every HDMI input with all of my devices. Tried all kinds of hdmi cables. Can't believe there's no solution. Certainly my last Samsung TV.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've changed hdmi ports on my audio receiver. We will see what happens. Also set hdmi control to ON so receiver comes on with TV power. Still doesn't happen when watching Smarthub or PS4 in different hdmi input (that's why I thought to switch cable to another, since there are 4 on the audio receiver). Still not sure how this is marked solved? The only thing different any of us did was switch to a new Samsung TV and this problem started. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  

I bought a Samsung 4k UN65KU630D at Sam's Club online.  I set it up on March 10, just hooked it on directv h24 receiver.  No dvr, no other devices connected, didn't even connect to wifi.  Day 2 of the tv, between 7 and 9pm while watching an hbo movie Constantine, tv goes black for a second, then comes  back.  After 20 to 30 mins, happened again. It goes black 4 times in less than an  hour.  We switched channel to another movie, same thing.  I called Samsung tech was advised to reset the tv.  Didn't reset yet. Been reading almost all the post here, the black screen issue has been going on over a year and it seems reset did not resolve other people tv issue, my tv's  mfg date is Jan 2017.  Waiting for Sam's Club store in my area to open and arrange a return and refund if they will accept online purchase return.

Update:  My Sam's club store will accept a return, but it will not be an even product return and exchange.  I have to pay for the price difference.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Fellow Samsung Owners,

I decided not to return the tv yet.  I have two more months on store return policy.  I follow tech's advise on resetting to factory default.  So far since March 11, did not have any issues with blinks except when there is a commercial pause, which I believe is normal.  I also bought a $99.00 protection plan to extend warranty for 3 more years.  Today March 27, I noticed blinking issues again, tried changing channels, same thing.  I unplug and plug the tv power cord for 1 minute, no blink for the last 40 minutes.  I turned it off as there is thunderstorms right now.  Will monitor later.  I love this tv's picture clarity.  Disappointed with Samsung not able to solve this issue that has been going on for over a year.  As mentioned on 1st post, this was manufactured January 2017, they should not let this out of their factory with unresolved issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGzv5yLP65j wrote:

Hello Fellow Samsung Owners,

I decided not to return the tv yet.  I have two more months on store return policy.  I follow tech's advise on resetting to factory default.  So far since March 11, did not have any issues with blinks except when there is a commercial pause, which I believe is normal.  I also bought a $99.00 protection plan to extend warranty for 3 more years.  Today March 27, I noticed blinking issues again, tried changing channels, same thing.  I unplug and plug the tv power cord for 1 minute, no blink for the last 40 minutes.  I turned it off as there is thunderstorms right now.  Will monitor later.  I love this tv's picture clarity.  Disappointed with Samsung not able to solve this issue that has been going on for over a year.  As mentioned on 1st post, this was manufactured January 2017, they should not let this out of their factory with unresolved issue.

I agree 100%. What is going on with Samsung?? The customer service refuse to even acknowledge this is a growing problem or accept responsibility. They just deliver a template speech to pay even more $ to their qualified samsung service technician because surprise this manufacturing problem occurs as soon as your warranty runs out!

Has the bribery, embezzlement and corruption scandal that resulted in the impeachment of South Korea's President Park Geun-hye and subsequent arrest of Samsung's acting Chief Lee Jae-yong really resulted in a complete break down of quality control and production for this prestigious company? If I wanted subpar product quality and non-existent customer service I would've purchased a cheap no-name manufactured product from China.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv goes black for 2 seconds one time every night for 3 consecutive nights, about almost the same time, 7:59pm on Cards and Cubs game, 7:04pm on Joe Buck show and tonight on hbo movie at 7:46pm.  I am baffled with this Samsung tv.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I take it back.  Tonight, my laptop, for whatever reason, apparently decided it was going to shut the screen off, despite the fact I was playing a game (Shovel Knight, for those who care).  So perhaps it wasn't the momentary blackout I saw before I made my settings changes.

To the previous poster:  the fact that it's happening at set intervals makes me wonder if it's something related to the Extra feature that's causing it.  I disabled the Instant On feature, the Extra feature (press Extra button, go to settings, disable checkboxes), and the advertising checkbox and viewing history checkboxes under Smart Hub / Terms and Conditions.  That's how I got it to go for quite a while without blanking out, and I'll continue to monitor closely as I come up towards the end of my warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SargeSmash wrote:

Well, I take it back.  Tonight, my laptop, for whatever reason, apparently decided it was going to shut the screen off, despite the fact I was playing a game (Shovel Knight, for those who care).  So perhaps it wasn't the momentary blackout I saw before I made my settings changes.

To the previous poster:  the fact that it's happening at set intervals makes me wonder if it's something related to the Extra feature that's causing it.  I disabled the Instant On feature, the Extra feature (press Extra button, go to settings, disable checkboxes), and the advertising checkbox and viewing history checkboxes under Smart Hub / Terms and Conditions.  That's how I got it to go for quite a while without blanking out, and I'll continue to monitor closely as I come up towards the end of my warranty.

How do you disable the instant on? I'm not finding an option for that.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@trickinit wrote:

@SargeSmash wrote:

How do you disable the instant on? I'm not finding an option for that.

I think it's under System -> General -> Instant On.  It will make it take a bit longer for your TV to be responsive when you turn it on, so you may want to try without turning it off to see if just the other changes help.