cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertVE7i7Bs3Z
Astronaut

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my xbox1. I got the new xbox1 s and it hasnt happened yet in 3 days. In hoping this will solve it.

userXTTC1YVX6Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok i have a QLed series 8 and i got the same issue of the Black screen periodically with a Ps4 Pro, after looking on my Ps4 Pro settings i tested with 2160 RGB (Limited or Full) and the problem persists, then i tried the  2160p yuv420 and the problem went away, no more Black screen periodically, i think its a problem with RGB - 8 bit, a handshaking problem that Samsung has to fix with an update! can anyone confirm this?

userzfMc3u5BqB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have called the call centre various times now and have on each occasion explained that the issue has nothing to do with the device attached to the TV. I have explained each time that we initially thought it was our Tivo box and Virgin media have replaced our box with a new one, I have also mentioned that there is 50 pages on this official Samsung website which proves that the fault is with the TV.

On Saturday 25th November I was told by the call centre that they won’t be able to do anything until they have a video of the TV going black, I was assured that once they have the video they would get an engineer to come and diagnose/repair the issue, thus I sent a video attached to an email with a link to this forum in the email as evidence the problem is with the TV.

7 days later I had not been contacted so called the call centre again and am now told they do not believe it’s a fault with the TV, that they think it’s the Tivo box regardless of the 50 pages on this forum proving otherwise and the fact I mentioned on each occasion that Virgin gave us a new Tivo box.

I quoted the Consumer Rights Act 2015 of which they just blatantly ignore, thus are actually breaking UK legislation with their failure to respond to the issue.

I am now told they will not do anything until I send them a video of another connected device (not the Tivo box) doing the same black screen periodically, which is wasting more time.

This is not on, there is clearly a massive issue with the TV’s as this forum outlines and they are now ignoring UK legislation and refusing to fix a faulty good without more video evidence, I paid over £1000 for this TV and am absolutely shocked at the level of service from a supposed prestige manufacturer and their blatant disregard for legislation within the countries they are trading.

I am also sending this and all correspondence to BBC Watchdog who I am sure will make a TV programme about, if enough of us from the UK do the same from this forum.

userhDZVSzNHED
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this problem too,after contacting the uk presedent of samsung i had the main board replaced but still the problem came back. After contacting him again and sendinf evedence of the problem still happening im getting nowhere, so i have contacted watchdog in the uk so everyone who is having this problem do the same it only take 5 minutes and it seem samsung arnt going to help us.

userhDZVSzNHED
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samsung have just ageed to come and replace the pannel next friday,does that mean repace the whole tv or just the screen?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only the panel.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useru12ZER9V5a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a particular model series that has this issue?
Obviously, it can't be all Samsung models or there would be even more complaints about this issue than seen in this 50 page thread and retailers would need to stop selling them due to excessive returns.
Is this issue fixed in 2017 models?

I'm going to try to buy a Sony or LG or Vizio or TCL as my next set, but the choices are slim in 4K sets of 42-43 inches and the vast majority of the sets on sale at retailers of this size and resolution are various Samsung models.

useru12ZER9V5a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useru12ZER9V5a wrote:

Is there a particular model series that has this issue?
Obviously, it can't be all Samsung models or there would be even more complaints about this issue than seen in this 50 page thread and retailers would need to stop selling them due to excessive returns.
Is this issue fixed in 2017 models?

I'm going to try to buy a Sony or LG or Vizio or TCL as my next set, but the choices are slim in 4K sets of 42-43 inches and the vast majority of the sets on sale at retailers of this size and resolution are various Samsung models.

Nobody responded to my post.  So, I went ahead an got a TCL P series set and put Samsung behind me.

I'm so glad I returned my defective set during the store's return period and can wipe my hands clean of this fiasco.

user53HXqx3KUQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved my Black Screen Periodically occuring for 2-3 seconds at a time (55'' Samsung KS8500)

I have 3 power outlets in my room with xbox one x, ps4, reciever, subwoofer, air conditioner, pc and ofcourse the TV.

In order to solve this problem I took extreme measures, I bought a really long power extension cable and gave the whole room to the TV, everything else powered via extension cord out into a another room. 

I used to have this problem occure 3-5 times in a single day, no it never happens for 3 weeks, I think these samsung TVs are very power hungrey or don't like sharing power. Anyone having this problem should definately atleast try giving the entire outlet to the TV and unplug everything else from that particular outlet especially if it shares power with a near by outlet in your room. 

userA2R1op8A9y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same/a similar issue. Sometimes, when turning TV on, I get no HDMI signal, though the sources bar at the bottom seems to be lit up suggesting the TV knows something should be showing.

The TV is a 6500 series 49" curved 4k and the issue happens with both my PS4 and my Virgin V6 box.

I have managed to get a couple of vidoes showing the Virgin box having the issue, but not yet with the PS4 as it's sporadic and I don't use it all that much.

I have already had the signal board replaced, the issue cambe back later that day. I have also had Samsung remote onto the TV to reset HDMI ports and reset the TV. Again, the issue was resolved for a few hours before coming back. 

I have replaced HDMI leads numerous times and I have tested devices on other TVs, all working as expected. I, under instruction, restricted HDMI output of Virgin box to be 1080p, still happens.

I am currently waiting for techinician to come out again now, though they have blatently sais already on the phone that it's not the TV as Netflix, menus etc. still work when HDMI not showing. I call bull, there is no way my PS4, V6 box and PS3 (forgot that one) are all on the blink simultaneously after we got a new TV. TV is just 6 months old, got it from John Lewis (UK) and have to get technicians to agree TV has fault before John Lewis will take it back. I am getting increasingly frustrated with it all.

I will report back if I have any success today!