JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen periodically

(Topic created: 04-04-2016 03:43 PM)
djred24
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung 40 inch 4K TV in Novemember 2015.  After a short while I noticed the screen would just go black, sound but no picture.  I called and they set up a repair for March 3, 2016.  They fixed the problem, now it is 

happening again.  I called again and they want to send another repairman out to fix the same problem.  They already replaced the main panel when they came out.  I want a new TV and am having a hard time with customer service.  I have asked for a manager to return my call but no one has.  I would like to have this problem resolved asap.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
968 Replies
userA2R1op8A9y
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I too am having the same/a similar issue. Sometimes, when turning TV on, I get no HDMI signal, though the sources bar at the bottom seems to be lit up suggesting the TV knows something should be showing.

The TV is a 6500 series 49" curved 4k and the issue happens with both my PS4 and my Virgin V6 box.

I have managed to get a couple of vidoes showing the Virgin box having the issue, but not yet with the PS4 as it's sporadic and I don't use it all that much.

I have already had the signal board replaced, the issue cambe back later that day. I have also had Samsung remote onto the TV to reset HDMI ports and reset the TV. Again, the issue was resolved for a few hours before coming back. 

I have replaced HDMI leads numerous times and I have tested devices on other TVs, all working as expected. I, under instruction, restricted HDMI output of Virgin box to be 1080p, still happens.

I am currently waiting for techinician to come out again now, though they have blatently sais already on the phone that it's not the TV as Netflix, menus etc. still work when HDMI not showing. I call bull, there is no way my PS4, V6 box and PS3 (forgot that one) are all on the blink simultaneously after we got a new TV. TV is just 6 months old, got it from John Lewis (UK) and have to get technicians to agree TV has fault before John Lewis will take it back. I am getting increasingly frustrated with it all.

I will report back if I have any success today!

0 Likes
userlR8tjgZHAy
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have been experiencing the same issue, took my TV to Samsung service center, replaved the mother board and the problem was still there. Now the TV has shut down, only the sound with black screen. My Model number is J5000. I am extremely disappointed. Anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
user7vO3C1G3D9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as you with a QLED TV bought this year. I have worked out it is not the TiVo box but the TV also. Where did you get to with your problem? 

0 Likes
userZUZPl9UyIM
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I did that, but it made no difference.
0 Likes
Simbro
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Got the same issue. Blacks out for one or two secs. Can't check the menu when it blacks out as suggested by SamsungDrew as it happens without warning and is very rapid. When the TV comes back on, all menus are OK. Software update is current. Reset picture and still happens, have yet to try factory settings reset. Next thing is to deteremine whether it is a TV digibox issue that may be cutting out or an ariel problem, I think unlikley.  Had the TV for about 8 months.

Will post a solution if I get one.

0 Likes
GGmanou
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It worked!! Thank you so much, I was really worried but hopefully everything is OK now thanks to your solution! I do appreciate it! Thank you!

0 Likes
laddman
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thought I would write and see if you can help me out. I have Samsung UN46EH5000FXZA. I couple days ago the screen started to flash black but the audio still worked. I did the reset you suggested and it worked for about a day. Then the black flashes came back. I kept trying to refresh and now the screen is really. really dark all the time. Audio still works, but I can barely see the menu items. I've tried other sources and different HDMI to different inputs. Is there anything you can help me with?

0 Likes
Stevew2023
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Ok so the new Amazon TV box is installed with the same kind of cable used for the Apple TV and the output from the receiver. Tonight begins the testing. Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
dsfasdfasdf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Drew-

Had problem with 75" Model# UN75JU6500FXZA since purchase in April 2016. Cannot even see any display to get to a menu for a potential reset.

I have a call into customer escalation for replacement/refund but I'd rather it just work instead so wanted to see if any other resolutions may be available first. 

0 Likes
jer136
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My experience: Went to turn on the TV and the screen was black, sound was OK. No matter what I tried the screen never lit up. I went through the Samsung web page to diagnose the problem which finally resulted in Samsung connecting me with a local repair service. (NH, USA)

The repair service charges $110 just to come to the house. If they can fix it and you accept their quote the $110 will go toward the repair. So they came.

After about 5 minutes the service tech determined the problem was a faulty T-CON board. $388 to replace it. (out of warranty of course.) It would cost $700 to replace the TV so I had them fix it. So far it's still working; its been about a month.

Happens. Samsung did make a reasonable effort to help me; and I was patient enough to follow the process. I'm still a Samsung fan. Now I can continue being a Patriots fan and watch Tom Brady rule the world. GO Pats.

0 Likes