cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Responding to an earlier post about a possible handshake communication error.

I own a 60" Led Samsung less then two years old. My configuration, I had my tvs hdmi plugged directly to my hdmi switch in the input port. I had 4 other devices plugged into my switch.

While watching cable tv it suddenly went black but the audio was still on. There were no other symptoms that I noticed that the tv was going bad. The front red light is on when tv is off and turns off when tv is on. It also blinks when using the remote. I cannot access the menu as tv is black even with no devices plugged in.

I've tried the flashlight trick and could barely see some images on the blacked out screen.

The warranty is of course done for as its past a year but less then 2 yrs old.

This seems like a chronic problem us Samsung consumers are facing. Its no coincidence that the hundreds of posts on here alone are of this black screen even with people with less then month old tvs.

We as consumers need to step up on a legal stand point and unite together and not let big companies like Samsung continue to sell faulty made products and not addressing a recall of some sort.

10+ years ago there was a class action suite against Samsung and particular models that were clearly defective. They did a recall for those models.

The past has a way of repeating itself in our case and as consumers we should not be held liable for repairs that are outrageous because Samsung did not engage in fixing the root in hand.

Whether its a software or hardware or design flaw this needs to stop.

Samsung needs to address this, we can't faulter as consumers either. We need to do our part from a legal stand point so we aren't sold defective televisions.

So we aren't stuck with a repair bill.

10 people having the same issue could be a coincidence. 10 hundred people having the same issue is a problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've been having the same problem with our 2 year old UN55H6400 for more than 6 months - screen goes black, still have sound, sometimes comes back on, other times have to turn it on and off. We've tried factory reset, different cables, updating firmware.

We are huge Samsung fans (have Samsung kitchen appliances, washer/dryer, phones), but we are buying a new TV this weekend, and it will NOT be a Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem is different. The screen is black, I can not see a menu on the screen.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We all are having black screen issues sometimes with audio and some not. What we all have in common is the black screen with no menu at all. 

This is affecting new model tvs, semi new less then 2 years and older ones 2 years +. 

There is clearly an issue with the internal components made in Samsungs production of these tvs.

An recall was issued several years ago addressing faulty parts more specifically the main board and transistors.

Samsung claims to have fixed this issue, but years later we are all experiencing similar issues of the past. 

I believe cheap parts are being used to manufacture these led tvs and consumers are getting the short end of the stick.

Why a Samsung tv isn't lasting more then 2 years is boggling my mind to this date.

Why are a lot of Samsung tvs failing right after the year warranty boggles my mind even more.

Samsung do the right thing and issue a recall. Its not a coincidence thousands of posts on your forums and the internet are of the same nature.

Samsung use to be a promising company with excellent quality in tvs amongst other things, but that's just not happening.

Give us a solution not a run around or a hefty bill for repair.

Thank you.

I am a previous Samsung customer with numerous Samsung products one of which is a 60 inch led tv that's now a frame on my wall due to it having a black screen that's less then 2 years old.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here,

I have the Samsung 65MU8500

I have done every possible "solution" suggested.....Can't fix it.

The only thing I have not tried is setting the resolution to 1080P, which is pointless because I bought the PS4 Pro to play at 4K

To me it happens during the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay. 3-5 second black screen. It can happen once or twice, then I can play normally.

Considering the price you pay for this kind of TV and console, I think it is unacceptable to have this kind of issue.

Please help Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the Samsung 55" curved tv a couple of months ago .. and get the black screen on Netflix ..  tv ... foxtel etc .... 

sooooo annoying for a new tv ...

and after a software update this morning .. Spotify keeps showing 'error ' with no other options ... I thought I could 'remove' it then download from the 'APP' section again.. but it doesn't work .. still shows error ..😞

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userUeXIAqNpc0wrote:

Same issue here,

The only thing I have not tried is setting the resolution to 1080P, which is pointless because I bought the PS4 Pro to play at 4K

To me it happens during the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay. 3-5 second black screen. It can happen once or twice, then I can play normally.

Considering the price you pay for this kind of TV and console, I think it is unacceptable to have this kind of issue.

Please help Samsung!

There is one additional thing that you didn't try. Sell the TV, count your losses, get a TV with proper support like LG or Sony. Bam, problem solved.

Preordered the LG C8 myself. Will soon be free from my  KS9500 and the black screen issues!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nfayad81wrote:

@userUeXIAqNpc0wrote:

Same issue here,

Please help Samsung!

There is one additional thing that you didn't try. Sell the TV, count your losses, get a TV with proper support like LG or Sony. Bam, problem solved.

Preordered the LG C8 myself. Will soon be free from my #$@#$ KS9500 and the black screen issues!

I've seen people having the same issues with Sony, LG and Vizio though.

From all the research I've done so far, it looks like it has to do with the HDMI 2.0 ports not working as supposed to. Something regarding the HDCP.

I've read that this has also happened with the Xbox One and blu ray players...so it is not only the PS4.

We are facing a battle between 4K TVs and TV Accessories, with HDMI technology in the middle

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a factory reset and it worked!