cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don’t bother with a new one-connect box or the connection plug, which btw, they send separately so you have to wait even longer as it will NOT correct the problem. 

In addition, replacing or removing the following  DOES NOT HELP with the intermittent black screen/no sound , such as; new HDMI cables, resetting your TV, turning off Autorun Smart Hub , turning off Anynet+ and turning off AutoRun Last App.

Also, not sure what company you use meaning Cable, Dish or Direct etc., as it even gets worse, if you have Directs Genie System because there are known conflicts with Samsung’s One-connect Box, so it’s a lose lose scenario. They end up blaming each other. 

Their tech support, nor service centers have been able to source out the problem.

Lastly come to find out this has been going on for YEARS, and they are still selling these televisions. 

My eqipment

Samsung

UN55MU800 Purchased May, 5th 2018 (Costco)

Direct Box

HR54-500

userRejHBqTv9k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new 4K TV does the same thing randomly a few times a week.  UN55MU6300.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the firmware up to date?

userfNqmrvO53L
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally found a solution for this issue

For those that are having this issue with your PS4 Pro

after tampering the settings and exchanging my new 4K TV and then returning the TV and upgrading it even exchanging my new HDMI ports come to find out that the issue was a PS4 Pro, now after I exchanged my PS4 Pro the issue never occurred

So for those that have a PS4 Pro you have to buy a new one

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for this information!

userdqJmuStR9e
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am running a brand new PS4 Pro which i bought 2 days ago. My 2018 Q6FN is having this isssue so the TV is less than a year old. I did not have this issue witht my Xbox One (non-X). 

I certainly hope i dont need a new PS4 Pro considering its not even 24 hours old when i started having this issue.

userHstNBd86ZX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is due to the technology of this particular brand of TV. The Samsung 4k that I have is experiencing the same problem, suddenly going blank/black, with sound, but no TV either on terrestrial or VM option. It does not need a service, and it is annoying but, the resolution to this problem is to leave the TV off for a day at least, it then comes straight back on normally.

The reason is because Samsung TV's have a built in protection on the TV, (a bit like the electricity switches), that goes off if the sensors go into "overuse" mode! It is very technical, and annoying, but normal for this Brand. It is intermittent and there is no way to tell if it will suddenly happen, it is based from a technical perspective, on the intensity of imagery coupled with a protection aspect of the TV screen etc.....I am no more technical that that but I am sure Samsung know specifically what this issue is. Not really a problem as such, like the electricity cut off, but annoying!

So, to recap, leave the TV off for at least a day, or two in the case of my Samsung, turn back on then just live with it, lol, or buy a different Brand that does not have this kind of technology! Personally I love my Samsung 4K so much, I am living with it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, that is not a resolution to the problem. No TV should have to be turned off for a day in order for it to work properly. Yes, it does need to be serviced or replaced as mine did. All parts were replaced in my television.  No problems since then...

Nfayad81
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHstNBd86ZX wrote:

This issue is due to the technology of this particular brand of TV. The Samsung 4k that I have is experiencing the same problem, suddenly going blank/black, with sound, but no TV either on terrestrial or VM option. It does not need a service, and it is annoying but, the resolution to this problem is to leave the TV off for a day at least, it then comes straight back on normally.

The reason is because Samsung TV's have a built in protection on the TV, (a bit like the electricity switches), that goes off if the sensors go into "overuse" mode! It is very technical, and annoying, but normal for this Brand. It is intermittent and there is no way to tell if it will suddenly happen, it is based from a technical perspective, on the intensity of imagery coupled with a protection aspect of the TV screen etc.....I am no more technical that that but I am sure Samsung know specifically what this issue is. Not really a problem as such, like the electricity cut off, but annoying!

So, to recap, leave the TV off for at least a day, or two in the case of my Samsung, turn back on then just live with it, lol, or buy a different Brand that does not have this kind of technology! Personally I love my Samsung 4K so much, I am living with it.

Congrats for posting the most ridiculous wall of text I have seen here since day 1 of me looking for a resolution to the black screen problem.

Unless you're specifically paid by Samsung to post something like that, you just took fanboyism to a completely different level by suggesting people use their TV every other day to please the almight "sensors" in it....

Unbelievable...