cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly!!! How stupid do they think we are!!!

Couldn't believe what I was reading! 

userpFAvNXh9wR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

The same issue happens for my new 2019

Samsung QN55Q65FN 55" 4K Smart QLED TV and Amazon fire TV in addition the universal remote stops working for Amazon fire TV.

The issue is reproducible when I turn off the TV when I’m playing anything through Amazon fire TV. When the TV turns back on I see a black screen but I can hear audio. I’ve switch from HDMI4 to HDMI1 to no avail

userFgYB5HiFW6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userHstNBd86ZX
Astronaut

This issue is due to the technology of this particular brand of TV. The Samsung 4k that I have is experiencing the same problem, suddenly going blank/black, with sound, but no TV either on terrestrial or VM option. It does not need a service, and it is annoying but, the resolution to this problem is to leave the TV off for a day at least, it then comes straight back on normally.

The reason is because Samsung TV's have a built in protection on the TV, (a bit like the electricity switches), that goes off if the sensors go into "overuse" mode! It is very technical, and annoying, but normal for this Brand. It is intermittent and there is no way to tell if it will suddenly happen, it is based from a technical perspective, on the intensity of imagery coupled with a protection aspect of the TV screen etc.....I am no more technical that that but I am sure Samsung know specifically what this issue is. Not really a problem as such, like the electricity cut off, but annoying!

So, to recap, leave the TV off for at least a day, or two in the case of my Samsung, turn back on then just live with it, lol, or buy a different Brand that does not have this kind of technology! Personally I love my Samsung 4K so much, I am living with it.

What a load of cr@p! There is nothing logical in what you wrote.  You did not give an actual solution of any kind.  Either you work for Samsung, you're completely incompetant, or you're making an extremely sad attempt at being funny. @SamsungJam SHAME ON YOU FOR ASKING PEOPLE TO MARK THIS PROBLEM AS SOLVED WHEN THEY FIND THE SOLUTION THAT WORKS FOR THEM!  THE COMMON DENOMINATOR IS SAMSUNG!  SAMSUNG IS THE PROBLEM!  I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN!!  THE QUALITY OF THEIR PRODUCTS IS HORRIBLE.  TRY INVESTING SOME OF OUR MONEY INTO QC AND MAYBE YOU'LL KEEP SOME CUSTOMERS!!

userMNe4AVaeaC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Made an account to say what worked for me. Your problem could be one of two things. 
1) Not enough power to TV or the Device supplying picture.
Solution: Try Different outlits, and a different device.

2) Poor Quality HDMI.
Solution: Try a different NEWER HDMI.

I picked up a newer more expensive HDMI cable even though mine was only a year old.
The new cable solved the problem for me. Now have clear CONSTANT picture.

Franrahway
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Samsung 40" 4K TV on Jan 1 2019, and it just started doing the occasional black screen thing. I thought it might be the cable box, which was just replaced recently. It eventualy happened so often then went straight to NO Signal.

I tried connecting my blue ray player to another input and that had no signal. I had to uplug the TV to reset it to recognize both devices. The TV continues to go to the black screen on cable box and Blue Ray.

The TV is the common demominator so Im conviced thats where the proble lies.

If I knew how many people have this problem I would have steered clear of Samsung. I expect them to make good on it. If there is a quick fix I'll be happy, but not looking for a run around. Hopefully a replacement or full refund if this cant be corrected quickly.

userCb4UWCtjvT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your looking for Samsung to help.....good luck! I have 6 Samsung TVs over the past 10 years and 2 with severe problems. I contacted Samsung both times and they were useless. When the TVs work they are beautiful. When you have a problem, the technical support is a nightmare! When my tv finally goes I will be purchasing a Sony. 

useriZQz3ykccT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN32M5300 was purchased September 2017. Within days it began to go black for a few seconds intermittently. I have TIVO so I'd have rewind to see what I had missed. It was happening 10 or 12 times a day so I returned it to the dealer for a replacement. The new set [same model] worked for a few weeks when it began doing the same thing, only less often, once or twice a day. I learned to live with it. After the last firmware update, that problem seemed to resolve. It’s only happened maybe three times since then, except now that issue has been replaced by a new one: the sound and remote simultaneously cut off intermittently for no reason. Weirder still, it usually happens in the middle of the night, except yesterday it happened during prime time. I’ll turn on the tv in the middle of the night, all is normal for about a minute or two and then the sound is gone. I try the remote, but nothing works. I have to pull the plug in the back of the set and replace it. Voila everything is back to normal – sound and remote. I’ve searched and see that this seems to be happening to other Samsung owners. It’s got to be the Samsung software for upscale models because I have a dumb Samsung that never has had any issues whatsoever and has worked perfectly since 2014.

userRuRQRukdVM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My month old QN65Q9FN suddenly began to display the same symptoms as described by many others in this thread where the screen would periodically blank and black out. The set is connected to a Yamaha TSR-7810 receiver which in combination with my beloved previous Samsung plasma never gave a hiccup.  When devices were directly connected to the tv's inputs I did not see the problem so I assumed the issue was coming from the receiver and changed inputs, cables etc to no avail.  I was resigning myself to  having a defective new set.  The issue was even presenting itself when playing  music from the Yamaha's  usb music player.  The mp3s and FLAC files were stored on a Samsung 64GB FIT USB 3.0 flash drive. The music played fine and did not drop out even when the screen blanked. However the flash drive was becoming fussy and stopped being readable  from my computers usb 3.0 ports months ago but worked fine connected to a usb 2 port and in the receiver. Two days ago the drive failed while playing in the receiver.  I replaced the drive with  a spare and my screen has not blanked out since. While certainly not universal it appears a wonky peripheral like a usb drive could be the culprit.  Another  receiver related issue  seems to be HDMI-CEC no longer works with my Fire Stick 4K when it is connected via the Yamaha. At first it worked periodically and now rarely so my Logitech universal is of limited use. It works when plugged directly  to the tv's inputs so this a receiver issue again.  With the Samsung plasma it was finicky but usually could be made to work after a few tries.

Shudha
Cosmic Ray

Same here

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here

userePEaFpdQXZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The power cord is so short, and the tv so big there is no way to plug directly into an outlet.  My outlet is below a large window.  I can't have a tv there.  This is something the buyer should be told before Samsung sells them a tv...that can only work if their short cable can directly reach a wall outlet.