cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed this problem by replacing the external box that my Samsung tv uses to make external input connections to the tv.  I forgot what they call this box.  You connect sources to this box which has one white cable that attaches to the TV.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is correct,

for any 4k, or HDR resolution like a ps4 pro. You will be needing a HDMI 2.0 cable that can handle 4k resolution this is due to the speed needed on the cable itself.

Keep us update on the trials and error. Good job for sharing this info.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me again. Unfortunately, even with the brand new cable I got, it happened again. It's less frequent but definitely happened again.

This is really on you now Samsung. If 8k HDMI cables can't resolve the issue completely then there must be a fault somewhere, whether it's the TV's or the onebox. Repairs won't help based on the replies to this thread.

Please escalate this issue @SamsungLou 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See the solution that I posted for this problem.

@userxLznUMXxpb wrote:

Me again. Unfortunately, even with the brand new cable I got, it happened again. It's less frequent but definitely happened again.

This is really on you now Samsung. If 8k HDMI cables can't resolve the issue completely then there must be a fault somewhere, whether it's the TV's or the onebox. Repairs won't help based on the replies to this thread.

Please escalate this issue @SamsungLou 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi folks, my setup have a Samsung MU6100 TV, a PS4 Pro, a Chromecast Ultra and a Home Teather with 4K HDR Passtrougth.

My PS4 connect to HT, the HT connect to TV. The Chromecast is direct connected to TV.

The blackscreen problem ocurs every time i play in 4K HDR.

After many tests, the solution was power down my Chromecast Ultra every time before i was play games in 4K HDR. After turnoff Chromecast Ultra, the blackscreen no occured even once. I doing that for months and have the same consistent behaviour, no blackscreens at all.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue.  I put the latest firmware on but still haveing the issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replace your One Connect Box.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you go to get a new one connect box?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have the same issues as most people with my QN82Q6FNA.
I have a 10ft HDMI 2.0 Cable going from the TV HDMI port 4 (ARC) to my Onkyo Receiver.
I then have the HDMI from my Computer inputting the PC HDMI port on my Receiver. The problem has been consistent since I bought the TV but has since gotten worse since original purchase.

My biggest issue with this, is Samsung’s approach on the matter.
I called Samsung support, and they basically had me reset my Television to factory. This did nothing to fix the issue.
Then they tell me that it absolutely can't be an issue with the TV itself, because they had me test a bunch of built in apps, like Netflix and Hulu ect ect. Ok great, the TV doesn’t black out when using an internet enable app feature. This proves nothing to do with the HDMI inputs!
Then they have the audacity to tell me that if I want it repaired, that it would come out of my pocket and they're TV's aren’t 100% compatible with non-Samsung receivers!?!?! "Like what, you mean that only Samsung receivers will work with my $3000 TV? I have never heard a more pathetic and cop out excuse in my entire life.
I had the same Onkyo receiver plugged into my 65-inch Samsung TV from 2012 and it never did that once. You guys need to get a better excuse than that.
Just to put a little extra icing on the cake with this whole experience is that I checked Samsung's website, and guess what...THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE OR MAKE A RECEIVER ANYMORE!!! HUH!?!?!
All they have are sound bars and garbage wireless systems. So Samsung is telling me that in order for my TV to function with 100% no issues, that I need to settle for a subpar sound experience? What kind of business sense is that?
Never buying Samsung garbage again. No phones, appliances, and especially not they're worthless TV's that black out with an "Incompatible Receiver", give me a break, and give me my money back.

I guess in a last-ditch effort, I will attempt to throw more money at this problem and buy a couple of HDMI 2.1 cables for the tv and computer connection. We'll see if that does anything.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a vey similar issue with my QLED 6-Series. At first I replaced all HDMI cables with the fastest transfer rate. Seemed to work at first, but the problem persisted. I was very close to calling Samsung since the TV was still under the Manufacturer's warrenty. Have an extended two year, but the first year runs concurrent with Samsungs. TOTAL SCAM RIP OFF!!

Anyway, after a bit of poking around with my connections, I realized the coaxial cable I was using to connect to my Xfinity set top box was not only old, but was completely bent. I replaced it with a new and faster transfer rate cable which completely solved the problem. I tend to think of coaxial cable as something that doesn't need to be replaced until it falls apart. But it's just as important as your HDMI cables being as up to date and fast when it comes to data transfer. The problem returned while under Covid-19 quarentine. Again I thought it was most likely due to Comcast (Everyone working from home, nobody watching the store, a number of their features not working) take your pick. But I stuck to the most simplest solutions. Unpugged my TV for about 10-15 seconds, pugged it back in, and let it re-boot. So far so good. Fingers crossed and knocking on wood till my knuckles bleed!!!