cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so happy, yet so sad to see I'm not alone in this matter.

I have a 1 year old Samsung 75" QLED QE75Q8DNATXXC and decided 3 weeks ago to treat myself to a brand new Xbox One X console.

Plugged the console directly into the TV HDMI 4 port (ARC) (later changed to HDMI 3) even though I don't have a receiver to use and started playing. Worked great in full 4K with HDR enabled for about 4-5 days.

THEN and ever since those first glory days I've been having these sporadic black screens that last 1-3 seconds before picture comes back. I also loose sound during those seconds.

The game still runs in the background and so far I have only been playing Star Wars Fallen Order and a known football game 20. I imagine playing a racing game or COD Warzone would be fun when the TV "blacks out" for a few seconds...

For me it'd totally random when it happens. More often is after some "warm up time" but it can also happen after just 1 minute after starting a game. From there the black screen can occur every 10 seconds to every 10 minutes. Totally random again.

I am in contact with Xbox support here in Norway. They are very helpfull actually and are open for exchanging my Xbox but after I took my Xbox to a friends house to test it on his 4K TV there was no black screen for 3 hours straight playing. We even tried covering the Xbox up a bit with pillows to trigger a heat reaction. Xbox did not mess up at his house at all even under big stress testing. Also running with HDR by the way and same original Xbox HDMI cable.

I got back home and tried the same evening on my 75 inch Samsung. Black screen triggered after 3 minutes. Darn!

Like most others I've tried it all.

- 8 bit and 10 bit on Xbox.

- Turning off HDR on the Xbox.

- 1440 resolution on the Xbox.

- Switching HDMI cables from original Xbox one to another certified 4K cable.

- Power cycling the Xbox.

- Resetting the Xbox.

- Game mode on and off.

- Changed from HDMI 4 to HDMI 3

- Resetting the TV.

- With possibly another 20 tricks I won't even mention.

I miss those 4-5 first days that for some unknown reason worked perfectly.

After testing with my friends TV I contacted Norwgian Samsung customer support which ironically had Swedish employees that for sure hate their jobs.

The told me to reset the TV and if that didn't work they would consider remote accessing the TV.

Well... Reading numerours forum threads both here, on Microsoft, on Reddit and so on.. That will not do anything Samsung!

Address the issue! I paid in todays market $3000 for this TV and NO! I don't believe it's an Xbox fault anymore.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhVItof19Dv    Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes we are not from the us, but Carol the moderator in the UK has been dealing with my black screen issue in the uk and has now been AWOL for 5days. She told me to reset my tv and replace HDMI cables and this does nothing, I have also had someone from tech support remote to my tv and nothing. My question is this...WhyTF have a Game Mode on your TVs if it cant play XBox, Swith or PS4 consoles and to think of it or any other device through the one (useless brick) box? Or maybe it can play a modded to HDMI PC Engine or please tell me what game machine can it play, dont say Snes mini cause I tried that too!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, we have no information on international models.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems like the US forum has some community, thanks for the reply SLou.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can reach the Samsung UK Community here.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/?category.id=uk

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried and the responses from uk mods to say they dont respond as quick as you Lou 🙂. I was speaking to a mod called Carol but she hasn't replied now in 5days.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a 70 inch TV around black friday and at first it worked fine. I purchased an AppleTV 4K and almost immediately I would get a flashing black screen everytime I turned my TV on. This flashing would last for about 4-6 minutes. I opened a ticket with no resolve. My TV said it was up to date. I tried a second AppleTV, a new HDMI Cable, and a new HDMI port. The problem persisted. I have been very frustrated with this TV over the last 6-7 months. It works great once we make it through the flashing for the first 5 minutes. I recently discovered 2 things about the TV. The first thing is that even though the Update Screen says your TV is up to date it is not. There is a recent firmware update that addresses HDMI input issues but you have to manually download it and use a USB Thumbdrive to update it (MAR 02,2020  |  ver 1292.1  |  998.16 MB). I was  excited because I thought this would finally resolve my issue. This did not fix my issue but it may fix yours. The other thing I found was there is something called HDMI UHD Color. This feature is turned on per HDMI port on your TV. From what I can tell it tries to optimize your color for your input device. This flashing we see is when this feature is trying to sync up with your input device. I disabled this feature and my 6 month nightmare went away and I can actually use my TV as expected. I do like the better color from that feature but its not worth it and I feel Samsung should have been able to tell me this 6 months ago.

Disable Setting for My TV (I have seen this option in other locations for alternate TVs)

Settings>General>External Device Manager>HDMI UHD Color

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disable HDMI UHD Color

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried it and did not work. I'm sure it's over heating as the tv used to work for about 4hrs, now hdmi connections die after about 3hrs. Not sure if it is the TV or One Connect box though. I do have a feeling it started happening after an update in February.