Original topic:

Blank screen when swapping between sources

(Topic created on: 2/7/21 2:07 AM)
user4EEpzTuLc3
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a RU8000 and am experiencing an intermittent issue. 

Every once and a while, when swapping between external device sources (HDMI channels) the screen appears blank.

I still get sound. I still get the TV menu, and still get the external devices (virgin media tivo) menu on screen. 

I can fix it by unplugging the hdmi cable, and plugging it back in. 

Strangely I experience another problem. I use a Nvidia Shield TV. Everything appears to work ok but occasionally when trying to play a video on the Amazon Prime app, it throws an error with a message that I'm not using an HDMI cable. Once again unplugging the cable and reattaching fixes the problem. 

I've already ran the HDMI self diagnosis feature of the TV but it does not find a problem. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply
userY8cJ7NSW59
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hey i have the exact same problem

When did this issue start for you? For me it started when i installed my hw-q800t soundbar. It especially happens when switching from hdmi to cable TV. Switching between hdmi sources goes fine most of the time. When it occurs i can hear the sound and only see an emblem of the source. I tend to fix it by shutting the tv off for 60 seconds. After that i turn in on and it does the same start up as if the power cable has been removed. After that it works most of the time for about 3-4 days.

Hopefully anyone has any ideas or solutions? 

0 Likes