JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bright Spot on Lower Right Side of Screen

(Topic created: 10-30-2020 05:38 PM)
userJJpJvmoA88
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung 4K TV, model UN40KU7000 recently had a white or bright spot appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried to self-diagnose the issue using the tv menu, and updated the TV's software to no avail. The spot will not go away. This is nothing that I did to the TV, I have to imagine it's a defect with this model. Is there anything you can do to help me? If you need any further information about the TV please let me know. I'm typically very satisfied with Samsung TVs and have never had this issue before, so I'm greatly disappointed. Especially since this tv was not cheap, and it's only a few years old. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code, serial number, and pictures of the spot via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
userX4t3q8y7Yj
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Does it look like some sliced your screen and a bright white light is shining through? You cant see it as much in darker colors but really see it on the white or brighter colors. This literally started yesterday and we purchased it in 2017. I feel like what we paid we should get more than 3 years out of it. 

0 Likes
userJJpJvmoA88
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

That's precisely it! The same exact issue! I also bought mine in 2017 too. Feeling kind of disappointed I'd have to spend a fortune to have it repaired or essentially buy a new TV to fix it. Samsung should be doing more to help people who have this issue because this TV was not cheap, and I'm really mad I only got barely 3 years of use out of mine before this happened. Don't know if I'll ever buy a Samsung TV again. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code, serial number, and pictures of the spot via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes