cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garry7859
Constellation

Bright spot on the screen

After 2 years of perfection I found bright spot on the right side of the screen of my UN65JS8500. CAn anybody advise me how I can fix it?IMG_5447.jpgBright spot on the right side

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bright spot on the screen

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Highlighted
userLZC5tL7Dg2
Astronaut

Bright spot on lower right of Samsung 55

also beginning on edge out of warranty  and Samsung does not care. Also seems many have this issue from search google. What’s up with that?

usergSIOVcujwc
Constellation

I have the EXACT same spot on my UN65JS8500 Same shape and everything. 

bleedthrough.jpg

I've had the TV for a few years and have always had a edge bleed, but this seems like a defect with the TV. I have already sent a PM to support via a different post on this subject, but I had to respond when I saw this. 

Did you get a resolution? Was yours still under warranty?

usergSIOVcujwc
Constellation

FYI, my PM went no where. I was told to take it to the shop. Probably just going to trash it after having spent $2500 a few years ago. Seems like a common problem, which is unfortunate for all of us who took the leap of faith with these TVs back when they were first coming out. Defective parts, defective design? Who knows. Seems mightly peculiar that my pic exactly matches the original poster's image.