Original topic:

Burn-in followed by screen melting on the bottom left of Q70R - QLED TV

(Topic created on: 12/23/20 4:34 AM)
user5cIEOHkLvB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung QLED TV Q70 suddenly stopped working, just 18 months into my purchase. All it does now is, light up and flash and I tested it is not a power issue. A couple of months ago, I observed a black burn in spot at the bottom of the screen, I ignored it thinking it will correct itself. One day, which we were watching the TV, it simply flickered and screen went out. It has not worked since. I have attached the image of burn in. I was expecting this TV to last longer and thought burn-ins were just OLED issues. Has anyone else faced this issue? Or has suggestions? I was thinking this TV will last longer and I am a loyal Samsung customer and recently bought Frame TV. This incident has made me double guess myself.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-23 at 6.25.33 AM.jpeg

0 Likes
9 Replies
user5cIEOHkLvB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I initially thought it was an external issue but the bottom left deformation has grown bigger the more the TV is turned on and now it does not even power on fully - all it does is that screen that you see in the picture and then completely turns off, reboots and shows this same screen repeatedly. I tried all the basic trouble shooting steps including changing power outlets to verify if it is a power issue - it is not. 

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5cIEOHkLvB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@SamsungBri wrote:

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Thank you for your response. I have messaged you the details. I just powered it on yesterday to check if anything's changed. It appears the diameter of the burnt corner has increased by minuscule yet noticeable amount on my Samsung Q70.

0 Likes
user5cIEOHkLvB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The following sequence of events repeats itself: 1) A red light show up on the corner, 2) The corner pixels (it is getting bigger everytime I plug in my TV) light up, 3) corner pixels dim a little, 4) TV shuts off and the sequence goes on and on.tv  screen offtv screen offred pixelred pixelmelted cornermelted cornerscreen dims

0 Likes
userPuDWUL4dqP
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am having the exact same problem with my Q70R. Did you ever find out what the problem was or a solution?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number along with a picture of your screen? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPuDWUL4dqP
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you so much for your reply! I should have photos, serial# etc PM'd to you in an hour or two. Much appreciated!

0 Likes
userU91oXfAEnl
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I’m having the same problem with my 75inch frame. Worst decision that I made was to purchase a frame TV. There warranty is useless and can’t replace my tv.

0 Likes
userPuDWUL4dqP
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Following up — any information on what the problem is and if it is repairable? This is a 4 month old tv! Thanks.

0 Likes