cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5VZygEMMRo
Constellation

Can No Longer Mirror Screen from Windows 10 Laptop to UN65MU800DF 4K TV

I used to be able to use Miracast to show my laptop screen on my Samsung TV.  Sometime in the recent past this stopped working.  I can show my S9+ screen on the TV with no problem and my laptop can cast its screen to the two Roku devices I have as well as a Chromecast device.  The laptop "sees" the TV and attempts to connect to it, and the TV says "connecting to" with the name of my laptop, but then the laptop says it could not connect.  Any ideas what this could be?  I have deleted and then added back the TV both on the TV's network connections function, as well as adding the TV to my laptop.  Still no luck.  It used to work great and I would like to get the functionality back.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can No Longer Mirror Screen from Windows 10 Laptop to UN65MU800DF 4K TV

Have you tried connecting both devices to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band? Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. Has there been an update to the laptop recently?

Highlighted
user5VZygEMMRo
Constellation

Re: Can No Longer Mirror Screen from Windows 10 Laptop to UN65MU800DF 4K TV

2.4 GHz network connection does not work.  Since Microsoft pushes Windows 10 updates monthly, there have been some changes recently.  I just don't know what they were.  The odd thing is when I delete the laptop from the external devices list on the TV and delete the TV from the connected devices on the laptop, and then search for a wireless display on the laptop, the TV immediately appears in the laptop list and the TV displays a message asking to allow the laptop to connect.  After I OK the message on the TV, both the TV and laptop show messages that they are connecting, and then nothing - I get a could not connect message on the laptop.  Next step is to contact Samsung directly.