Original topic:

Can't control cisco 9865hdc and audio sync issues

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 08:54 AM)
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Got this tv two weeks ago (QN90A). Yesterday I updated to the latest software (1506) because the audio was skipping every 30 minutes or so. Now, I am having two problems. The audio is constantly getting out of sync when watching TV (cable). On my Roku it is also getting out if sync but seems to fix itself when I pause it for a second. This fix does not work on cable.

To try and fix the issue with the audio I swapped out the HDMI cable, in doing this, the TV is making me reset up the cable box. The TV will now not recognize the cable box (cisco 9865HDC). I have tried resetting everything, unplugging, putting the cable box directly in front of the sensor on the TV. I've tried every suggestion I can find. Nothing works. 

This is an $1800 TV. It is unacceptable for it to have both syncing issues and remote issues. Is Samsung ever going to address and fix these issues??? And before we start blaming the cable box, I could control it just fine until I updated the samsung software, so this is NOT a cable box issue. The syncing problem is also clearly not a cable box issue as it is also happening with Roku which does not go through the cable box. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you attempted a factory reset of the unit? Also, ensure that the unit is plugged directly into a wall socket. I don't know how, but this fixes a lot of issues with tv's for some reason.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes on the factory reset but no on the directly to the wall. I live in an apartment and the power flickers quite often so I'm not comfortable plugging this pricey of TV into the wall.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend calling into 1-800-SAMSUNG. The remote management team can remote into your tv to attempt a fix this way. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Ok thanks!

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Please update your TV to version 1560.5 to resolve the lip sync issue. You'll need to first download the file, unzip it, load it to a USB and connect to your TV to do the update.

Download link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054535

0 Likes