cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUyRVIT6gwz
Astronaut

Can't get rid of ads

How do we turn ads off? 

It's clearly a major problem according to thousands on reddit and we would all appreciate some way to turn off ads on our TVs.

Anytime I try to make a post about it it gets deleted and no one tells me why : (

What are we trying to cover up?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Did you try your device in safe mode?

Did you try your device in safe mode?

userUyRVIT6gwz
Astronaut

Re: Did you try your device in safe mode?

How do I enter safe mode? What other features are lost using safe mode? Can I use it all the time?

Thank you!

Samsung Care Ambassador

To be honest, I never did it on my Samsung tv. It disable...

To be honest, I never did it on my Samsung tv. It disables third party apps. I would call Samsung for more info. The number is +18007267864

userAaedvk4sc1
Cosmic Ray

Re: To be honest, I never did it on my Samsung tv. It disable...

They have not been helpful, they instruct me on how to reset the t.v. and nothing else.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I tried googling how to get it into safe mode, but a Sony...

I tried googling how to get it into safe mode, but a Sony tv isn't a Samsung tv...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't get rid of ads

There is not a method to placing a television into safe mode. Unfortunately there is not a way to do away with the ads in the smart hub. You can turn on or off interest-based ads to have them cater to what you prefer to see them for. I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userAaedvk4sc1
Cosmic Ray

How do we get Samsung to let us do this? 80,000 people have agreed on Reddit that this is an unacceptable design. They're calling to return their TVs because of this...

I personally just want to enjoy my Samsung TV but this is a deal breaker

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I completely understand the frustration, we've escalated this as a feature request quite a few times in order to have the development team add the ability to disable the ads. However, we cannot guarantee it will be added at any point. I truly apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userl3SoI8HB9g
Cosmic Ray

This is bologna, we need this and samsung is yanking our chain. 

Seriously what can we do? Who can we contact and nag about implementing this?