JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can’t sign into Apple TV app

(Topic created on: 8/17/19 7:37 PM)
rickatk
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The Apple TV app has been working reasonably well until yesterday when I could not log into my Apple account to rent a movie. Now when I try to login, the wheel keeps spinning till the login process times out.

I have done the usual troubleshooting tasks to no avail. I have also downloaded the latest updates for the TV and installed via USB( worked well).  I also executed a factory restore of the App and the TV...no luck. Has anyone else had this problem?

The aggregator still doesn’t work either!!

I would like to hear from Samsung if there is any advice about these problems.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rickatk
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I contacted Apple, they suggested performing a factory reset. I am pleased to say that worked!

It took two tries as I did not select factory reset the first time around. I can confirm however a factory reset will work.

settings >support>self diagnosis>reset

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend reaching out to the developer regarding this.

0 Likes
rickatk
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@SamsungLarryK wrote:

I recommend reaching out to the developer regarding this.

I have contacted Apple. They are investigating. You would have known that but the Samsung Forum Admin bot forbids any reference to Apple_Support in the posts. Apple Care apparently is ok. Strange indeed.

0 Likes
Solution
rickatk
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I contacted Apple, they suggested performing a factory reset. I am pleased to say that worked!

It took two tries as I did not select factory reset the first time around. I can confirm however a factory reset will work.

settings >support>self diagnosis>reset

View solution in context

userZolRDb488z
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Is that a factory reset of the TV or within the Apple TV app?

my 2020 Samsung is not login in either, just a spinning icon for what seems forever.

0 Likes
rickatk
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am referring to a factory reset of the TV.

Unfortunately you will have to reconfigure all of your TV settings following the reset. Be sure to choose the correct reset as well. You want the full factory reset found in the settings menu. I did one and it was more of a soft reset. Didn't do much of anything. I eventually found the correct path to full reset.

Before you attempt the factory reset make sure your TV has received the latest Samsung updates. Also try reloading the Apple TV app. Saves doing the reset twice.

Something happened with the Apple TV app after an update. These steps corrected the problem. This was months after the Apple TV app was working fine. 

Good luck sorting this out.

0 Likes
usersZxH2MnqM9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Guys, this procedure works. 

I had the same problem. Try following these exact same steps, twice. Worked like a charm for me. 

Thank you @rickatk for the solution. 

userpjY0phRfDO
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just in case anyone else is still struggling with this...a factory reset DID NOT fix this issue for me. What did work was a cold restart if my tv. To do this, press and hold the power button until your tv turns off and then back on (takes about 5 seconds). Then suddenly everything works!

userkYnm0Pycu1
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

local hero. this worked instantly after a dozen failed log ins. thank you for preventing me from a factory reset and an hour of the resetting passwords s#!t show.