JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot get Dolby Atmos to play on HW-K950

(Topic created: 09-02-2019 07:17 PM)
userA0wgT90rQo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a KS8000 TV connected via HDMI arc to the HW-K950. I had the HW-K950 connected to WiFi to update the firmware then disconnected it to save Wireless WiFi performance for the rest of my devices.  I have never got the Atmos to work. I’m reading upgrade my HDMI cable to 2.1?  That Atmos won’t play through the tv arc port?  If so will it via WiFi?  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I figured, buy all Samsung products and they will magically work together at the highest performance.  I’m obviously not up to date with how to set this up correctly. I also have Apple 4K TV and Samsung 4K blu-Ray player hooked in. 

14 Replies
userH7oBU5rgki
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I found that in order to connect my Mac air to the Bluetooth soundbar, I had to press the "add speaker" bottom at the bottom of the bar and it works fine now !

0 Likes
userA0wgT90rQo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I lost connection to one of my digital devices and was told by Samsung helpline to connect the HDMI cable directly from my devices to the HDMI ports in the TV. I had Dolby Atmos work once while watching a Blu-Ray DVD but since changing the connections no luck. My current connections is soundbar HDMI out TV arc to TV arc port 4. Apple TV 4K HDMI to TV HDMI 1. Samsung Blu-Ray HDMI 1 to TV HDMI 2.  Will this setup play Dolby Atmos or do I need to change it back to digital devices directly into the soundbar HDMI port 1 and 2?  The second setup doesn’t seem stable since I lost connections to my digital devices on a couple occasions. 

0 Likes
userq2EtgWJtP6
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi I was in the same boat, no Atmos when connected via WiFi. I don't know if you have tried this but once you have atmos source playing through hdmi you have to press the sound button on the remote which turns the surround on/of. Press button till

it states off then press button again to turn surround on, this puts the sound bar into Atmos mode which is displayed on the sound bar. Also there is a blue led light that turns on to the right top side of the sound bar. Hope this helps.  Tony

0 Likes
userq2EtgWJtP6
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Sorry I meant HDMI not WIFI 🤷‍:male_sign:

@userq2EtgWJtP6 wrote:

Hi I was in the same boat, no Atmos when connected via HDMI. I don't know if you have tried this but once you have atmos source playing through hdmi you have to press the sound button on the remote which turns the surround on/of. Press button till

it states off then press button again to turn surround on, this puts the sound bar into Atmos mode which is displayed on the sound bar. Also there is a blue led light that turns on to the right top side of the sound bar. Hope this helps.  Tony

@userq2EtgWJtP6 wrote:

Hi I was in the same boat, no Atmos when connected via WiFi. I don't know if you have tried this but once you have atmos source playing through hdmi you have to press the sound button on the remote which turns the surround on/of. Press button till

0 Likes
useroJIWxqxehO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I have an older Samsung TV and it is not capable of receiving Dolby Atmos. So just connect your Components directly to the A/V receiver. I purchased a cheap Hisense Roku TV and it was capable of receiving Dolby Atmos. I was told by Samsung that I had to purchase a brand new 2021 and the box had to say Dolby Atmos on it.
0 Likes