Original topic:

Cannot visit sister in nursing home, need to be able to remote into her smart tv

(Topic created on: 2/15/21 1:00 PM)
userVRASwiIG65
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My sister is in a nursing home (brain injury, has aphasia (can't speak to use remote) and can't move) and I can't visit. I want to make her life easier by being able to change the programs and channels for her remotely. Please do you have any ideas how to connect to her smart tv to do this from 11-20 miles away? I just replaced the Voice Remote fit for Samsung Smart 4K TV (it's one of these, but can't verify which as I can't get there (BN5901266A RMCSPM1AP1 QN65Q7FD UN75MU630D UN50MU630D UN65MU850D UN43MU630D UN55MU630D UN55MU650D UN55MU700D UN55MU800D UN65MU650D). If I could remotely connect to her TV and change channels as well as go to Hulu, Disney+ or Amazon Prime, it would help. The nursing staff doesn't have time to change her channels and her live is narrow enough because I can't visit. Of course if we could set up Zoom (or similar as well) I would be in heaven. The staff keeps losing the remote. Would a raspberry pi work? What would work? I'm truly begging for help.

2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

There are no built-in functions in the TV to do what you are looking for. Certainly a Raspberry Pi setup could do what you are looking for, as well as other 3rd party products that are available (Broadcom RM3 comes to mind.). This will all be dependent on the availability and reliability of the locations network capabilities, and access for installation and maintenance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
You will need to go to her location to connect to the tv first. Try outside her window. Just so you can connect. Once you connect, you're in! I'm not sure how you would know when she wants the channel changed with her being in the condition you state. Or what channel she wants to view? But that's between the 2 of you. Good luck.
0 Likes