cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libertas
Cosmic Ray

Cant open remote up to change battery

Seems near impossible, actually.

What is the trick?  might I add this is ridiculous. 

30 REPLIES 30
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cant open remote up to change battery

Well can I ask which remote it is that you have? Most of our remotes open with either a push and slide or push the clip and pull method. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Libertas
Cosmic Ray

The new one for the 2016...similar to the one for my 8000 but that one i can open, the 650 is the one that is impossible without prying it with tiny tiny screwdriver that I am just lucky to have lyin around

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Look like this one?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userqD1j2Toy4J
Astronaut

yes

useraU2DLWo911
Constellation

I have the same remote—can’t figure out how to open to put the batteries inside.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try this:

userFE5wwRAV59
Astronaut

The whole silver portion of the remote comes off. Be sure not to hold any of the silver part. Hold the remote by the black edges, push the silver portion like the arrow indicates and it come right off. It took me hours to figure this out. This remote is poorly designed.

userukQOx2762N
Astronaut

When all else fails just stick a piece of clear shipping tape on the top and on the bottom halves and pull the two tapes in opposite directions, according to the arrow. The tape gives the necessary grip.

.Ta-Dah!

userDHoCaXGnNI
Asteroid

Yeah it looks like this - pretty but useless!