Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWnJ7QeovZN
Asteroid

Change Region on Q6F

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi There!

I have recently moved from Canada to the US and brought my 2018 Q6F TV with me. Unfortunately, it still shows all the Canadian Apps which aren't working now that I am in the US, and not showing the US apps (Hulu etc.). How can I update the region on the Q6F to get access to the US apps? I know this is possible for other series of Samsungs but I can't find the instructions to do it for The Q6F.

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Change Region on Q6F

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not, unfortunately, have information on Canadian devices here. You can check with Samsung Canada support here, or on the Samsung Canada Community forum here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not, unfortunately, have information on Canadian devices here. You can check with Samsung Canada support here, or on the Samsung Canada Community forum here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWnJ7QeovZN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The process would be the same for a Q series TV whether it was sold in Canada or the US. To simplify matters, let me ask a slightly different question. If I were to purchase a Q6F in the US and take it with me to Canada,  how would change the region to Canada Smiley Happy. It is possible on most Samsung TVs (H series, F series, etc.) via a sequence of key presses on the remote, but that doesn't seem to work with the Q series using the One Remote.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For US model devices; if the TV has had a factory reset completed then the TV should identify with the IP Address that it is on and change the country code automatically. If it does not, then you will need to speak with the support team in your area for more specific steps. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.