cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userm7j9XNcpyt
Asteroid

Channel changing stopped working on remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The channel changing button on my remote was working fine. Then it started to not work well. Then it started to work not at all. I figured it was the remote with a bad switch so I bought a new remote and paired it with the TV. Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. Now when I try to change the channel it shows the message Not Available. I have tried resetting everything but still no channel changing. Any idea what the issue might be?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Channel changing stopped working on remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could certainly help, worth a try anyways: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062207/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model code of your TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userm7j9XNcpyt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN70KU630DFXZA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I ask which model remote you replaced the original with?

userm7j9XNcpyt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same model remote.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I ask who you use for your Cable/TV services? Do you use a cable box or RVU connection?

userm7j9XNcpyt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have Comcast.  We have a small cable box that the coaxil cable comes in to and then exits in an HDMI connection to the TV which goes to input HDMI1.

I should clarify that the channel changing button was working before but now.  Now when I try and use the channel change up or down the message "Not Available" shows up in the middle of the screen.  I take that to mean that the TV reads the channel change signal from the remote but the TV is not set up for some reason to change the channel correctly.  I'm not sure how this could have changed from the past when it was working correctly. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you re-paired the remote to the TV, did you go through the universal remote set-up with your cable box?

userm7j9XNcpyt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned the cable box off and on.  I didn't go through any setup with it.  Do I need to?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could certainly help, worth a try anyways: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062207/

View solution in original post