cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV chimes whenever someone walks in the room

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a new Class 7 Series LED 4k UHB Smart Tizen TV that started making a loud chime anytime someone walks in the room. Samsung support suggested turning off tap mode. We did that and the problem remains. Now only random and time consuming guidance from Samsung support. This is a new TV that is driving us bonkers with the chime, and Samsung support just provides random guidance. Is there any definitive way to solve this problem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV chimes whenever someone walks in the room

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's what helped me. 

I noticed that if I turned off my phone completely it didn't do it. My phone was the one causing it because of smart things app, which I used to set up the TV.  Well, it runs in the background. 

After turning off my phone I deleted the smart things app, restarted my phone again, to drop temp files and so far so good. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV chimes whenever someone walks in the room

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's what helped me. 

I noticed that if I turned off my phone completely it didn't do it. My phone was the one causing it because of smart things app, which I used to set up the TV.  Well, it runs in the background. 

After turning off my phone I deleted the smart things app, restarted my phone again, to drop temp files and so far so good. 

View solution in original post