Original topic:

Complete frustration with 8k TV & soundbar & wireless rear speaker kit

(Topic created on: 1/29/21 5:28 PM)
userc6JIu7v9IS
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought a 2020 65" 8k tv with the HW800t soundbar and also the SWA-9000S wireless rear speaker kit. We watch mainly OTA. I have a Shield TV Pro 2019 but it's the same problem with it too. I'm connecting through HDMI eArc and using Atmos.

1. Lip sync...doesn't matter if I'm using the tv speakers only or the soundbar...the picture is ahead of the audio. I need to be able to go into the negative to correct the audio but of course, that's not available. I bought this to use the Q-symphony with adaptive audio but I can't do that because it just doesn't work right together. 

2.  The sounds cuts in an out on my soundbar a lot. Some days are better than others.

3. The sub cuts in and out all of the time.

4. Dimming bug...I have to turn off most of the advanced features that supposedly makes this TV spectacular to even watch it.

I've restarted, reset, re-connected, changed cables, unplugged and re-plugged everything until I'm blue in the face. I've called Samsung support and have been on the phone for hours and the script they're reading from is stuff I've already done. I'm reaching out here to see if someone has any ideas before I call back and go through the "script" again. If it didn't cost so much, I'd throw it all in the front yard.

0 Likes
1 Reply
userc6JIu7v9IS
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I finally got service to come out. They replaced the LED Panel and driver board and the brightness is some better but everything they replaced is refurbished. I haven't even had this tv 7 months and getting used parts. Now the tv shows artifacts as well as not powering off correctly. It takes 2 minutes to turn off along with broken color bars when you first turn it off and now it turns on and off randomly. I want them to buy it back.

Their response? We need to come out multiple times before we can do anything like replace the tv. A flagship TV and this is how they treat their customers? So, I'll have to play the game. Wish I would've never bought this 65" paperweight. Never again.

0 Likes