cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trapjackson069
Asteroid

Coronas or inverse ghosting in 4k on a Q70r?

Anyone else with a 4k tv or more specifically one if the 2019 Qleds that might know why I’m getting really noticeable Coronas when viewing 4k content? It’s especially bad on Xbox one X using Freesync. Any movement or shadows are outlined usually with a bright blue Corona that obviously is very distracting considering it’s more apparent in dark scenes that shouldn’t have said bright blue lines around everything that moves or when you pan the camera. It’ll do it on YouTube too tho so I know it’s not something with he Xbox. I’ve contacted support probably 5 times and get disconnected or have some issue every time. I’m pretty fed up with the set butt I’m not trying to to be without a tv until I get a replacement 

10 REPLIES 10
user5YZibP9Nsz
Constellation

Re: Coronas or inverse ghosting in 4k on a Q70r?

Yes I'm having the same exact problem.  Commented on here about it and not a single Samsung rep responded at all.  I think it's an issue they don't want to talk about.  I even posted pictures....nothing from them.  I think they even deleted my thread.

trapjackson069
Asteroid

Yup pretty shameful customer service/ QA. I find it weird that there no other users discussing the same issue. Seems a little suspicious if you ask me. 

@user5YZibP9Nsz wrote:

I think it's an issue they don't want to talk about.  I even posted pictures....nothing from them.  I think they even deleted my thread.

userWn9YC1TtOq
Asteroid

Im having the exact same problem on a Q80R. I have gone through multiple settings and found that its at its worst with 1440p 120hz and 4k 60hz. 

trapjackson069
Asteroid

Odd. With my set it only does it on 4k hdr with Freesync ultimate. Idk if Freesync basic does it bcuz it’s literally always greyed out so I’m not sure how that are able to market it as having to modes. But I’ve contacted support 4 separate times about it without any solutions other than them having me reset the tv each time. This last attempt the support rep had me install the lastest update with usb drive(I can’t keep up with checking on here for which version is the latest, which is why I’ve had it set to auto update in the first place) and I couldn’t find my usb drive and was couldn’t take the picture anymore so I was desperate enough to reformat and sacrifice all the data on my hdd just to update this nightmare of a television after the rep assured me that it was to fix this issue. Well I hope they got a good laugh outta it bcuz it did nothing. I’m just gonna get my money back it’s not worth the headache anymore lol shame they get away with selling faulty sets for the amount of money they cost and can’t even be bothered to update or outright replace the tv. I’ll never own another Samsung product. 

userWn9YC1TtOq
Asteroid

Ill get even more specific in case a samsung moderator wants to look into this.

As soon as game mode is turned on, or an input is labeled as a game console or PC, the tv works to increase response time, thus increasing coronas aka inverse ghosting. An option to adjust response time similar to samsung’s qled gaming montors would give users the option to choose inverse ghosting+faster response time or no inverse ghosting and slightly slower response time. 

If you change the label on your input to something other than pc or game console, turn off game mode, you can then go into general settings and turn off auto motion plus. That trick lets the tv’s lcd panel operate at a decent speed and still have decent input lag. Its a work around at least. 

trapjackson069
Asteroid

Okay at least I finally found someone who knows what I’m trying to explain lol. It’s pretty ridiculously the kind of money we spent to not be satisfied with the tv. I’ve contacted support numerous times but something always ends up interrupting the conversation since I can’t sit on the phone all day everyday until I get an explanation or at this point I don’t know if I even want a Samsung product. Now I have some burn in starting to appear and I’ve barely had the set a month and it’s only on whenever I’m not working and at home which isn’t as often as I’d like lol. I think Rtings.com said the chance of burn in is super low with pretty much any panel that’s not an oled so mine has to be faulty if I’m getting burn in already. But yeah I honestly don’t even use 4k currently which the amount of irony there is just about more than I can handle considering I had a decent tv but I just had to have solid 4k hdr.. well I’m really glad I paid almost 2 grand to play at the same resolution and size of my old set. The bright blue hues where shadows are supposed to be in dark areas of then screen kinda ruined it for me. And I’ve spent more time than I wanna admit playing with I’m sure every setting combination possible to resolve it to obviously no avail. Not very impressed if you can’t tell by how possitive I sound lmao smh

userWn9YC1TtOq
Asteroid

Same guy as before, probably under a different handle now that ive created a samsung account. I ended up contacting samsung support to get a resolution on this issue. After a few “back and forths” they instructed me to call in service. Since the tv is under a year old the service is covered. They are coming next week and I’ll report back what they tell me.

trapjackson069
Asteroid

Yeah let me know what you find out. I just want to be sure it will resolve it or I’ll just cut my losses and just return it. I contacted support last week to try and schedule something but the rep assured me that the latest update that was apparently only able to be installed with a usb drive would fix it. Well after not being able to find my usb I got desperate enough to reformat one of my hdd’s and sacrificed that data so I could finally enjoy this tv but as you well know, the issue definitely wasn’t fixed. Smh

userWn9YC1TtOq
Asteroid

Tech just left. He spoke to his tech support and they said there's nothing they can do. I then called samsung support and I told them I was unhappy. Got the run around about how "you should contact your pc, playstation AND xbox manufacturers" which is complete garbage. I then get a support manager, tell them this can be fixed with a firmware tweak. They said they will not know of any firmware updates until the rest of the world does. I've had enough...i bought this TV to play games on and its a complete failure. Its getting returned.