cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dark Shadows continue on 2020 Q950TS 85 inch flagship

I've read alot of comments of the datk shadows issues with all of samsung models, but I couldnt guess it will still occur on the 2020 $10,000 Flagship Q950TS 85 inch model and only after 3! days since a recieved it...

as it looks, this affects of all samsung TV panels on all price ranges, eventough I guess they will get my TV replaced, I will most probably continue to expiriance this every few months, and a new TV replacement will have to take place...

as for my issue, I am getting datk rectabgular shadows on oposite sides of the screen every few minutes when watching movies and TV shows on all sources (also on the TV build in Netflix)

for some reason I am not getting this when watching TV broadcast through my cable provider internet based application (I am guessing this is do the low quality of the stream that for some reason do not trigger this pixel shadow/issue)

see screenshots

20201025_205020.jpg20201023_201955.jpg20201025_204651.jpg20201025_205018.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark Shadows continue on 2020 Q950TS 85 inch flagship

Hello, 

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. If the dark shadow appears during the picture test service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dark Shadows continue on 2020 Q950TS 85 inch flagship

unit is 4 days old... I contacted my local samsung tech support 2 days ago, still waiting for them to get back to me.

not like my previous qled tv in which this issue was persistent and a dark block was always appearing on the bottom venter of the TV, this time is happening every few minutes sometime on specific scenes, as like something on the image makes your image software crazy...