cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Dark Vertical Shadow on right side of my 55" UN55MU7000 TV.

I have had this TV for less than 2 years with minimal wear (less than 10 hours a week) and turned it on to find a large dark vertical Shadow across the screen. I just bought another 50" Samsung for the bedroom and am second guessing this choice. VERY disappointed as I love samsung (typing this from my galaxy s10 now). 

I see this seems to be a common occurance lately and really hope to get some insight from a tech. 

I mainly use this TV for gaming so this is a huge inconvenience in already dark games. 15826621561537528163875891671972.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark Vertical Shadow on right side of my 55" UN55MU7000 TV.

Hello, I'm sorry that you are experiencing this. What is the current software version? Test the HDMI cables by navigating to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

Are there any cables that are bad?

Try testing the different external devices:

• The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.
  • If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue. Luckily I purchased the extended warranty from Costco because the Samsung warranty just ran out. Haven't gotten thru to service because the wait time is over 25 minutes. Just trying to find a time when not so busy.  Hopefully before the tv picture goes out all together. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same problem here and getting worst... 

the technical service of samsung says that the led bars should be changed since they are short-circuited ... the cost is 150USD + the cost of the technician visit 40USD, since it is out of warranty (1 year 5 months of purchase)tv samsung.jpg

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm also having the same issue with mine in the exact same place.

I also have what looks like white cracks in the lower portion of the screen, especially along the lower frame edge.

Nothing works to correct it. I'm also very disappointed. I paid a lot of hard earned dollars for my set and I loved it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with images of the crack?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.