cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dark line on NU7100 4K TV - Bought Sept 2018. Has anyone repaired this issue out of warranty?

I got my 50 inch NU7100 4K TV September 2018 and a dark line appeared on the screen a few days ago. This TV almost feels like it was designed to fail shortly after warranty based on some of the other posts I have seen on here.

IMG_9029.jpgIt was tough to show in a photo so I threw some arrows on there. It's much easier to see in person, especially on lighter backgrounds.

Live chat didn't tell me much besides saying I have to drive my TV to a service center to have a technician look at it. I'm hoping they don't charge more than it's worth to fix it. The support agent gave me zero information about cost. Has anyone completed this repair out of warranty?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark line on NU7100 4K TV - Bought Sept 2018. Has anyone repaired this issue out of warranty?

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dark line on NU7100 4K TV - Bought Sept 2018. Has anyone repaired this issue out of warranty?

@SamsungLou was quick to offer me a free repair (awesome) and then @SamsungTam shut that down because I am in Canada. Canadian support has been not very helpful and is telling me I have to drive to drop the TV off and pay them to tell me how much it will cost to fix (not awesome)

I have videos and more detail on twitter: https://twitter.com/IskanderBenAmor/status/1279483901048754177

Please join the twitter thread if you are also having issues with this TV.

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine started that way. UN55" model. Eventually a week later the whole right side of the screen was dark. Seems to be a common issue with edge lighting on Samsungs. Bought mine in November of 2018 so it's out of warranty. Was told I could get it repaired, I bought it on sale for $400, so not worth paying to have it fixed. I just ordered an LG. I've owned 3 Samsungs, 46 LCD it is now around 10 years old. 32 LED died in less than two years, and this 55 in less than two years. Bye Samsung.