cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userv2iOZSFULU
Asteroid

Dark spots on Samsung Tv

As seen as seen from below pictures there is a dark spot in the middle of the screen. I bought the Tv in 2017 Black Friday from bestbuy so it has been 18 month old. The tv cost $1600 not a cheap tv. Horrible product this is a second Samsung product that went bad, before that I had full HD Samsung that developed 3 vertical lines with green color. Last time I ever buy Samsung product. I’ve seen multiple complaints about the same issue.

I’m filling a consumer report complaint 

61C2F644-0EFE-4E24-8185-D1A938EB9B80.jpeg

A655B36D-A6EB-482C-A588-DB125E88BE0E.jpeg

F2022B54-FEB1-42EE-A44A-61051B122DD2.jpeg

C70DE535-5FA2-4E7F-A1A9-DE904C002F7B.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark spots on Samsung Tv

I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please send a private message with the full model and serial numbers of the television as well as if the symptom happens on all sources and the picture test? http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

userv2iOZSFULU
Asteroid

I send the model and serial in private message, the issue happens on all input sources including the in built smart hub. The faded area stays there I also did diagnostic test and the issue exists even did a factory reset.

usersD9Sp15pc9
Astronaut

I am having the same problem. This is garbage.  

IMATAKEROFSOULS
Astronaut

I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver...

I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver not working properly. If I seem to be having an issue like that then I seem to cover the screan its seems to work at times.

userv2iOZSFULU
Asteroid

Re: I believe they may be hot spots. Do to your screan saver...

I had week squad protection plan and they said it’s a faulty panel and they are replacing my Tv because they don’t have replacement panel.

Highlighted
userKxZDnpzyC4
Constellation

Having the same issue now. Just purchased tv from Walmart 

Usercreateds
Astronaut

Test reply

Test reply

Shudha
Cosmic Ray

SAMSUNG go have tried it?

SAMSUNG go have tried it?

usertfwvyxF9cE
Constellation

I just started having this issue on my UN65KS8500 that I bought new a couple years ago. So frustrating and this is the second Samsung I've had something like this occur. Don't think they'd do anything to fix the set at this point

267C3E97-3ABA-4E9D-A49A-A8CE1A13584F.jpeg