JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable Auto-Detect and Auto-Switching Features

(Topic created: 01-22-2020 07:21 AM)
kamien
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

FWIW I have Anynet+/CEC disabled already. I have a Q8F (QN55Q8FNB) running firmware 1251 and the user experience is awful. 

I would love the option to:

- Disable automatic detection of HDMI inputs. Please let me set up the inputs how I want and stop clearing my settings whenever I unplug something.

- Disable automatic input switching. I'm capable of switching the input myself, thanks. 
- Disable HDMI device control. Don't turn on my XBox, please. At any time. Ever.

- Disable settings propogation my sound bar. Just because the TV is in Game Mode doesn't mean I want the sound bar in Game Mode as well.

- Give me the option to disable the soundbar control and just output sound to optical. The TV will occasionally "forget" there is a soundbar connected, so the option to disable that entirely would be nice.

If you could just give me this display panel without all of the smart features I'd be a very happy customer.

user0hedkgxAgj
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

@usercrkWdIlJ30 wrote:

Hi guys! I had the same problem with my Samsung TV for a very long time I could not find the answer. here's my solution to this problem disabling this feature. to Why Moderators and a support service could not prompt you before this.perform these presses on the remote in the order of the queue. nothing will be displayed on the screen but the function will turn off.

Mute, Volume down, Channel down, Mute. 

That is just GOLD!! Thank you usercrkWdIlJ30!! and shame on Samsung for not having this easily done via an option in the configuration. I've memorized the sequence and it worked! For those whose remote control does not have a mute button, try using an old one that has. Mine (UN43RU7100GXZD Tizen update 1360) worked like a charm!

Mute, Volume down, Channel down, Mute!

userRJbv7ajM8v
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did you do this with the old style remote or the new "Smart" remote?

0 Likes
userKhyd5VWpsW
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was skeptical ... tried it using the new smart remote... And nearly spat my beer out all over the carpet when it nailed the problem perfectly!  AWESOME!  THANKS!!

0 Likes
userFdTM7yxZBR
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

0 Likes
userBlyr8V9alV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

@usercrkWdIlJ30 Before I do this, I want to know how to ENABLE auto-detect and auto-switching.

We have a one-way ticket to disabling these features but before I claim it, I want to know how I can roll back to having these features enabled.

0 Likes
user4wF5Dp9zeL
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have disabled this, too. But how to put it back on? Does a reset although resets this option?
On the official page there is only the disable way.

0 Likes
userZoyI064chx
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Only registered here to tell you, you are an absolute LEGEND.

Thank you!

0 Likes
userO9qyUrCjBP
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Excellent rant. I feel the same. I just wish you could select the features you want. I'd like for the TV to turn on my receiver but not switch it to "TV" ten seconds later. Been struggling with this for years

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

Each time I want to connect a laptop to my TV, I have to go to the settings, enable input signal plus or otherwice it will limit refresh rate to 30Hz at 4k resolution. Then I can connect HDMI cable to my laptop, go to the settings again to enable gaming mode or otherwice, because of useless preprocessing, picture on the screen will lag. All settings that I change will be resetted as soon as I disconnect HDMI cable. Why? This is so annoying! I wonder did the team who designed this tried to use their own product at all?

0 Likes
userbha6gxkNww
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This thread is a life saver. Probably my last Samsung anything however. They've dropped the ball with all their things. 

how this is not an option in settings I just do not understand: Mute, Volume Down, Channel Down, Mute. 

0 Likes