FWIW I have Anynet+/CEC disabled already. I have a Q8F (QN55Q8FNB) running firmware 1251 and the user experience is awful.
I would love the option to:
- Disable automatic detection of HDMI inputs. Please let me set up the inputs how I want and stop clearing my settings whenever I unplug something.
- Disable automatic input switching. I'm capable of switching the input myself, thanks.
- Disable HDMI device control. Don't turn on my XBox, please. At any time. Ever.
- Disable settings propogation my sound bar. Just because the TV is in Game Mode doesn't mean I want the sound bar in Game Mode as well.
- Give me the option to disable the soundbar control and just output sound to optical. The TV will occasionally "forget" there is a soundbar connected, so the option to disable that entirely would be nice.
If you could just give me this display panel without all of the smart features I'd be a very happy customer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is not solved then? I don't think the OP should have clicked accepted solution!
My TV (Q7FN) was running much better before firmware 1251. Now my video sender has to be unplugged as I can't play my PVR Humax box through it's passthrough.
That update 1251 needs fixing.
This is not fixed with versioni 1271. I would also like to be able to control this TV the way I want to, instead of all of these auto detect features. My older Samsung didn't have all of this HDMI auto-switching technology and it's horrible. I want to be able to use GAME mode and have it STAY in GAME mode when I use a HDMI port switcher. In fact, I want it to STAY in GAME mode, period!
Samsung, let ME control my HDMI ports! This is unacceptable and I may have to return the TV.
I just spoke with Samsung support and was told this HDMI auto-sensing and switching cannot be turned off. Guess it's time for a different brand TV. This wasn't a problem with the previous models.