cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamien
Constellation

Disable Auto-Detect and Auto-Switching Features

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FWIW I have Anynet+/CEC disabled already. I have a Q8F (QN55Q8FNB) running firmware 1251 and the user experience is awful. 

I would love the option to:

- Disable automatic detection of HDMI inputs. Please let me set up the inputs how I want and stop clearing my settings whenever I unplug something.

- Disable automatic input switching. I'm capable of switching the input myself, thanks. 
- Disable HDMI device control. Don't turn on my XBox, please. At any time. Ever.

- Disable settings propogation my sound bar. Just because the TV is in Game Mode doesn't mean I want the sound bar in Game Mode as well.

- Give me the option to disable the soundbar control and just output sound to optical. The TV will occasionally "forget" there is a soundbar connected, so the option to disable that entirely would be nice.

If you could just give me this display panel without all of the smart features I'd be a very happy customer.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disable Auto-Detect and Auto-Switching Features

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your suggestions accordingly.  We appreciate the input.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your suggestions accordingly.  We appreciate the input.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

beebul
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not solved then? I don't think the OP should have clicked accepted solution!

My TV (Q7FN) was running much better before firmware 1251. Now my video sender has to be unplugged as I can't play my PVR Humax box through it's passthrough.

That update 1251 needs fixing.

Genesis30
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello has this been fixed? I need to stop this from occurring on qled tv

userNcjBjzUvzn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not fixed with versioni 1271.  I would also like to be able to control this TV the way I want to, instead of all of these auto detect features.   My older Samsung didn't have all of this HDMI auto-switching technology and it's horrible.   I want to be able to use GAME mode and have it STAY in GAME mode when I use a HDMI port switcher.  In fact, I want it to STAY in GAME mode, period!

Samsung, let ME control my HDMI ports!  This is unacceptable and I may have to return the TV.

Highlighted
userNcjBjzUvzn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just spoke with Samsung support and was told this HDMI auto-sensing and switching cannot be turned off.   Guess it's time for a different brand TV.  This wasn't a problem with the previous models.

userTNh5HtFeFx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why not write out the solution ... doesnt seem much a solved problem