Original topic:

Disable Samsung TV Plus

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 07:42 AM)
userocQSKz2JjV
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have  a Samsung TU700D and when I turn the TV on, it immediately full screen plays whatever show Samsung wants me to see off some channel called "Samsung TV Plus". This is incredibly frustrating that I have to press the mute button so I don't have to see Baywatch, or Hells Kitchen, or whatever show is playing in the background. Why does this TV not go directly to my app line?

I must say straight out of the box, this has to have been the worst experience I've ever had with a smart device. I had to search the web just to figure out HOW to get to my apps - which is press the home button (while BAYWATCH IS PLAYING), move to the left until you get to the : and select APPS, then your apps come up, all the while BAYWATCH IS PLAYING.

I have tried everything I can find on the web to disable this awful AWFUL "feature", but there seems to be no way to REMOVE this channel. If this is how Samsung TV is going to be - then I am going to get a Roku, Switch to HDMI and never look back. All of the instructions I can find say move to the app and press down to remove/disable - but pressing the down arrow just takes you to more apps. If I highlight the channel and HOLD the center button, I do not get a remove either. I went to the TV Plus app and I removed ALL of the channels - so what happened? It freaking switched to some other TV channel and auto plays that every single time. But today, guess what - TV Plus is back. 

Someone for the love of Pete tell me how make it so ONLY my apps come up?

2 Replies
useraqHGi1ELqM
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a 55” curved UHD TV in the UK and have the same problem. Had it for several years and have also tried everything from the web and Samsung themselves. There is no option to remove the app. I deleted all the 4000 series channels from the channel list but my TV still automatically changes to channel 4001 every time I turn it on. If I press the Home button, I get a Samsung TV+ icon (marked “Ad”) as the left-most icon and I can’t remove it.

I’ve also tried all the Privacy Settings options and reset my PSID multiple times. You can make any change you like but it re-installs anything you remove.

They have essentially made the TV+ stuff impossible to remove.

it’s completely outrageous that Samsung can do this. I will never buy ANY Samsung device again because of this. 

The only way I found to get around it is by using my Harmony hub to turn the TV on and have an automated step in the start up process that switches the TV channel to 101 (BBC 1 in the UK) as soon as it comes on.

0 Likes
useraqHGi1ELqM
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

By the way, I heard one way around this, if you’re technical enough, is to block all the Samsung IP addresses in your router.

0 Likes