JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 04:48 AM)
userCyJdko9s6B
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Series 8 app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there. I've tried rebooting. Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

userOAcPmnrW1l
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you replying.  My model @ is BN68-10714A-00 Series 8

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have inserted a link below with instructions on how to download apps to your TV.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062169/

Please note that only apps available in the App Store can be installed on the smart TV. Access to new apps will be occasionally added to your smart TV through software updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userl9bzcELcUM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I subscribed to Discovery + over a week ago and was able to download the app to my Samsung tv and access it with no problem. A couple of days ago, I could still view programming on discovery plus but picture quality was very blurry with lots of buffering. Since yesterday the app won't load at all. Every other app (Netflix, Amazon prime, Hulu) works fine except for Discovery +. What's the deal?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would recommend checking for available updates. If no updates are available and this is the only app with issues, I would recommend reaching out to Discover+ regarding this issue. 

0 Likes
userzC1j5VGHOp
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, I recently subscribed to the Discovery+ app. I searched on my Samsung tv application page for the app, but had no luck. All that is showing is the Discovery Go application. I thought that maybe my tv wasn't updated, after checking everything seems to be good. Will there be an update soon since the Discovery+ app is fairly new?

Samsung TV model #un55ku6290

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2016-uhd-smart-tv-ku6290

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Discovery+ is still rolling out to devices for now they recommend streaming from your mobile device. They are locked up with Google Tv+Remote which is a great option (that's what we use) but I think that deal is slowing their own growth to other devices
0 Likes
userRk25S43HUN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have Discovery plus on tv. I try to sign in and as soon as I enter the first letter of email address it tells me incorrect format.  I have set up account correctly because I ca. Stream on my iPhone and I can play the iPhone app on the tv. 
help please 

thank you 

userVRb1f3SzG7
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
@
0 Likes
user5sBipb8uPz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Frame TV app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there.  Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

0 Likes
userIetp9XfaqL
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I  hav a Samsung TV Model UN65K88500F that I am trying to load the new  Discovery Plus app.  Can't seem to find it.  Still waiting for support!  Any idea when wewill get this?  Seems like I got Disney+ and HBO+ right away!!