cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Disney+ and older Samsung smart TV's

No and I'm not about to run out and buy a new TV.  I'm also not happy at all about this.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've had this problem with other apps not being supported on older TVs. I went out & bought a Chromecast. Much cheaper than replacing a perfectly good TV.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are you not able to cast from the phone to the TV if they're both 9n the same network?

Highlighted
Constellation

I agree with the other posters here. Samsung's decision not to put the app on earlier Smart TVs is nothing more than a strongarm tactic to get the consumer to buy another TV. Sorry, but if I do purchase a new TV, it won't be a Samsung. This no Disney nonsense is a real turn-off.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a js8500 from 2015.  I too am very disappointed with Samsung.  As a result I will avoid Samsung tvs going forward.  Sony OLEDs are looking real attractive right now.  This is rediuclous that they cut support so early into a products life.  Samsung 'smart' tvs are 'dumb' tvs.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have 10 repeat 10 Samsung TVs in my house wit h2015 built dates and I will NEVER buy another one and throw these out if Samsung doesnt do the right thing tof their customers and change the permissioning for Disney+

Pretty esy decision.

Highlighted
Constellation

I agree, samsung has a terrible reputation keeping capable devices up to date and this practice needs to stop.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just mirror your phone to the TV and all is good.