cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Americas_Cat
Constellation

Disney+ app for Smart Televisions

When will the app for Disney+ be available for the samsung smart televisions? This will be a huge factor in future television upgrades if not available without using additional devices, as it defeats the whole purpose of buying a "smart Television"

20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disney+ app for Smart Televisions

We are unable to speculate on the release of any updates that might add this. We appreciate your feedback though and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JJGG0814
Astronaut

Disney is offering this service free for one year to Verizon customers.  This will cause a higher request for this app.  Please have your developers put more emphasis on this project.

user62DzPbjhxp
Constellation

Yes please! 

Highlighted
userZ4iPqUHzuE
Constellation

I have two Samsung TV's (40 inch and 55 inch) and both are 4K.  If the Disney+ App is not going to be available on these TV's then I will consider getting rid of these TV's and go with an LG.

When will the app become available as the Disney app is coming online this month! 

I like my Samsung's but if you can keep up with the new apps that we all will be using then the TV is of no use as I don't plan to watch on my IPAD.

userPgfzO93cm9
Constellation

This is absolutely true. As popular as Samsung TVs are, you would think this would be a no-brainer. I just tried to download the app and it doesn't appear anywhere on my two 3-4 year old models. This is really unexceptable. I'm thinking of switching to LG or Sony. 

Nittany17
Asteroid

I have two Samsung TVs and am not in the market yet to replace them.  But after my recent experience with our (not so old) Samsung robot vacuum cleaner no longer talking to our internet due to Samsung removing the model from their list of updates when they did a new version for their Smart Things app.  I should have seen the writing on the wall then.  Samsung does not care that current customers, which could be loyal customers, rally to bring more people to buy their products are upset and frustrated that what they promised at the time of purchase will go to the wayside in a few years and no longer work.

userEqzP96StKA
Astronaut

Is the Disney Plus app now avaliavle for download on Samsung Televisions? Will it be avaliable by tomorrow's launch?  Where can I find it an ddownload it?

userwX7yxIb5QY
Constellation

I have a samsung un65ju6500 and I can't seem to find he Disney + app. I've see the search and done a manual search. Please help me find it so I don't have to buy a different brand TV. This is a smart TV. If it can't get smart Tv the. I won't be getting a Samsung again. False advertisement 

userTyJALZT2qZ
Constellation

I am not sure how long ago you posted but I just got off a live chat with samsung and if your model number has a J in it it was made prior to 2016 and no app is available at this time.