cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Disney+ app issues 4k smart TV

Issues with the Disney+ app.

I'm logged in and can view all of the available content but as soon as I select to view a title, the buffering circle give about a half a spin and then it goes to a blank screen.

I have a LG smart TV that I've been able to watch 2 titles in with no issues.

I've cleared some unused apps and reinstalled Disney+ (said 100% but I'm not sure it was, I would rather uninstall and reinstall but can't b/c it's a forced app).

Anyone else having issues?

UPDATE: 11/13/19

After seeing one of the responses regarding resetting the smart hub, I tried the same. It was slightly better (buffering forever vs. going quickly to the blank screen). So I went all the way to factory reset and setting up the TV again as well as all of my apps/accounts. A pain but it fixed my issues.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Disney+ app issues 4k smart TV

Disney+ has been having server issues, I have Lg TV, Fire TV and a Roku all in different rooms, had problems on all of them

Highlighted
Constellation

@user8VtD9ltVAE - Similar problem on my MU6300 4K tv.  App loaded, able to login and see movies & shows but when selecting one it would hang.  Movies would just go to a bluish screen with no text and tv shows would bring up the player with the show info but wouldn't play.  Worked with Samsung support this morning and had to reset the smart hub which seems to have done the trick.  It does require you to download & setup all your apps again but it got Disney+ working.  This was definitely something unique to this TV as my other Samsung TV and non-Samsung TV with Firestick worked with Disney+ just fine.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I had the same issue with my 65MU800D 4k tv. Resetting the smart hub solved it.

Astronaut

Resetting the smart hub worked for me.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Guess I'll be resetting my smart hub.. what a pain. Is there an easier way to enter all my passwords into the apps than the remote? 
disney plus works fine on our fire stick but it is glitchy and slow so I was hoping to get rid of it with this brand new tv. Disney plus was working fine then last night it did the same as everyone else in this thread. I can view but it will not play anything. Even hooked up to a LAN cable as I thought that was the issue. Which is another issue.. why would this TV not hook up to 5g? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Similar problem on my MU6300 4K.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this issue as well. I am logged into Disney + app, and I am able to view all of the titles. Once I select a title, it then goes to a black screen. I tried to reset the Smart Hub, with no positive results. I ended up having to do a factory reset on the TV, which resolved the issue, but only temporarirly. Later that same day, the Disney + app returned to the same behavior of showing all the titles, and hanging on a black screen. I am able to use the Disney + apps on all of my non-Samsung TV's, and severly regret my new Samsung TV purchase (less than a month old).  My Model is UN75NU6900, software version T-KTSUAKUC-1283.0, sub-micron version T-KTSUINTV-1004.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have been having the exact same problem. I got a new Samsung tv for Christmas and everything has worked fine and been great EXCEPT for Disney+. It worked last night but now I can't get it to play anything at all from the TV but it works when I try from my iPhone. So frustrating! Please let me know if you find a solution to this issue. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the factory reset didn't work, and Disney+ is the only app you are having trouble with, I suggest reaching out to the Disney+ app developers. They have control of the app whereas we don't have any access to any troubleshooting third-party apps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.